IGNORED

PartShark pricing

camos

Not to pick on PartShark, but shop around and don't assume online parts are cheaper than getting them from the dealer. Had to get a new rubber band holder for the bottom of the sidecover. PartShark lists for $12.38 plus shipping. Dealer price delivered for pickup $10.70.

I was pleasantly surprised and thought I would share my amazing find.

Not to pick on PartShark, but shop around and don't assume online parts are cheaper than getting them from the dealer. Had to get a new rubber band holder for the bottom of the sidecover. PartShark lists for $12.38 plus shipping. Dealer price delivered for pickup $10.70.

I was pleasantly surprised and thought I would share my amazing find.

Boy, prices have sure jumped over the past couple of years. They used to sell them for about $5.00 each. Or you could have asked and I would have sent you one at no cost....

:mytruck1:

Boy, prices have sure jumped over the past couple of years. They used to sell them for about $5.00 each. Or you could have asked and I would have sent you one at no cost....
Just to clarify, it was not amazing because the price of the part was good but that the dealer price was less than at PartShark. You probably got that point but thought it worthwhile making sure.

Thanks for the belated offer but I never even thought to ask. However, it actually might have cost the same or more due to shipping cost.

Very valid point MarCarl. As you can see I have learned that lesson... more than once actually.

Now if only you had a right hand mirror...

Yes you have to make sure they ship with USPS... not UPS. They charge way too much for brokerage fees etc. I recently bought a helmet over the 'net from Iron Pony , and it was a really good price,{clearance}... found out a few weeks later that I could have bough the same thing at Duncan Motorsports for Less than I paid with the shipping... go figure

Gary

Yes you have to make sure they ship with USPS... not UPS. They charge way too much for brokerage fees etc.
That's another good point that I too have discovered... several times. Sometimes though online places don't do USPS for some reason.

I recently bought a helmet over the 'net from Iron Pony , and it was a really good price,{clearance}... found out a few weeks later that I could have bough the same thing at Duncan Motorsports for Less than I paid with the shipping... go figure

Gary

What did you get, I need a new helmet too. Want a cheap flipup with a sun visor.