IGNORED

Speedometer

Barlow

I'm looking for a speedometer for my 86VR.

The odometer and trip meter have stopped working.

The speed indicator works just fine.

Took the thing apart and the nylon worm gear on the main shaft has stripped.

Everything else on the instrument cluster works fine.

I have a trip to Glacier Park planned fot the first two weeks of August and would

like to know how far I've traveled plus keeping track of the gas so I don't run out.

I have never really trusted the gas guage.

If anyone has one available I would certainly like to buy it.

For what its worth, the 83/85 speedo and tach have a different color face than the 86/93.

I'm not sure if I could switch them out or not.

You can use the 83 to 85 speedometer in your MKII cluster housing, it will fit. I swapped out the tach & speedo head on my 83 when I put the 88 cluster in. I wanted to keep the mileage accurate as far as an honest title report. As you said the graphics on the face were changed.

The only difference in the tach head, other than graphics, I have seen is a cruise equipped bike had a light in the tach face for a couple of years. Might have been the 86-87 models, but I am not sure. At some point they went to the housing that surrounds the key switch for the cruise indicators and eliminated the tach face light.

Gary

You can use the 83 to 85 speedometer in your MKII cluster housing, it will fit. I swapped out the tach & speedo head on my 83 when I put the 88 cluster in. I wanted to keep the mileage accurate as far as an honest title report. As you said the graphics on the face were changed.

The only difference in the tach head, other than graphics, I have seen is a cruise equipped bike had a light in the tach face for a couple of years. Might have been the 86-87 models, but I am not sure. At some point they went to the housing that surrounds the key switch for the cruise indicators and eliminated the tach face light.

Gary

FYI

My 85 has the cruise light in the tach as well.

brian