IGNORED

Dont use this Glue to fix broken TAB

Layed the bike down recently on Lt side in gravel and not much cosmetic damage, but this plastic screw mount TAB broke off inside the front cowling. So I plastic soldered it back on....

Used heavy soldering iron and cut strips of some black plastic I found laying around to ‘plastic solder’ the mount back together (w/ tywrap support) and to solder it back in place on the cowling. Worked good.

All looked great, then I had the wonderful idea of adding some contact adhesive/sealer, that I had, to help reinforce it.

FAIL!!!!

It seems that adhesive has a negative reaction to the plastic that the front cowling is made of and caused a soft spot/wrinkle all the way through the front.

Tube didn’t say what is was good to use on or not… so tried it.

Web site says good on MOST plastics.. ugghh

Depressing because the plastic welding seemed to do pretty good.. :sick:

Oh well, Live and Learn..

*** Dont use SealAll on plastic w/o testing it first. (Its probably real good for its true purpose..)

www.seal-all.com

Tried to remove as much of the adhesive as possible but afraid I will do more harm now..

Hope it stabilizes and hardens back up…

May have to add some chrome to cover it :confused24:

OF COURSE now I see the posts about Plastex for broken Tabs on RSV fairings... that prob would have worked just fine.. :confused:

OHHH glad you posted,,,,Seal ALL is one of my favorite glues,seals. Never thought it would harm plastic like that, but then I've never tried it. It doesn't have much strength though, so probably won't have helped any anyways for your problem.