IGNORED

Yamaha of Cucamonga

SMSgt

Yamaha of Cucamonga

I have read many posts about “stealers” and how they aren’t all that good. Well I would like to give the highest kudos to Yamaha of Cucamonga.

I recently rode coast to coast with Run For The Wall. We depart from Rancho Cucamonga on the 18th of May. I got to Rancho on the 16th for registration and visiting new friends.

Well the RSV was running like a turd, well maybe not a turd really but it was running really badly. I would have to increase the RPMs to 3000 just to get it to move. This is my first 2nd gen so I thought, although strange, maybe this is just the way it is. So on the 16th of May as we were driving in traffic I thought I’d just increase the idle and see what happened. Nothing happened still a turd.

I started looking for a dealer and found Yamaha of Cucamonga. I took the scoot in and was told that it was firing alright on 1 and 2 but 3 was only hitting about 25% of the time and 4 was cold, not firing at all. The mechanic, Bill, did a carb rebuild and cleaning. He found clogged primary jets and missing O rings in the 3 and 4 carbs. Once he completed the carb rebuild and took it for a test ride he identified the fact that I had modified the air boxes which screwed things up there as well.

Well after spending $450.00 and leaving happy, 5 hours later, we feel the money we spent was more that worth it. The Venture didn’t miss a beat for the next 6,500 miles of our trip home. We probably would have wound up beside the road somewhere had I not gone and gotten the problem fixed right.

Oh yeah, one more thing, Bill saw my blocked off AIS and told me that the Venture wouldn’t backfire if it were tuned properly, it hasn’t back fired since he complete his work on it. It back fired all the time before he worked on it.

If you are ever in So Cal and need a good shop, go by and see Jay Conaway, the owner, mechanic Bill Colvin and the guys at Yamaha of Cucamonga.

:dancefool::big-grin-emoticon:

P.S I will only take it to a Gold Star mechanic.

Good to hear of a responsible dealership. Hope you get to attend a Maintenance Day somewhere close to your location sometime. Would highly recommend you attend and learn about these bikes. I do not know your circumstances in life, but for me, I am a shade tree mechanic and love doing some of my own stuff (maintenance). I like the fellowship of meeting people and learning how these beast operate. Wonder why there where o-rings missing in the carbs ? Had someone else worked on it ? Glad you where able to enjoy the rest of your honorable trip to recognize our fallen heroes for freedom. Glad you had a safe trip.

Fuzzy

Good to hear of a responsible dealership. Hope you get to attend a Maintenance Day somewhere close to your location sometime. Would highly recommend you attend and learn about these bikes. I do not know your circumstances in life, but for me, I am a shade tree mechanic and love doing some of my own stuff (maintenance). I like the fellowship of meeting people and learning how these beast operate. Wonder why there where o-rings missing in the carbs ? Had someone else worked on it ? Glad you where able to enjoy the rest of your honorable trip to recognize our fallen heroes for freedom. Glad you had a safe trip.

Fuzzy

I was at MD in Oberlin. I stopped there on my way home from DC. My original plan was to do the repair at Freebirds house but I realized it wouldn't make the trip the way it was running. I got my brakes and clutch oils changed and got the RSV pinstriped. Looks great. I still need to post pics of the pinstripe job.

I too like working on my own stuff but I was 500 miles from home and only had a day to make it dependable.

I bought it used so I have no idea the "real" care it had prior to my taking ownership. But is sure runs good now.

All in all it was a great trip. If you've never done Run For The Wall you ought to try at least one day of the ride. What an eye opener. I did last years trip too on my Road Star and really enjoyed that trip as well.

I appreciate all of the help the forum has been for me and I have enjoyed all the great people I have had the opportunity to meet.

We'll be in Cody too, by the way.:cool10::cool10:

I was at MD in Oberlin. I stopped there on my way home from DC. My original plan was to do the repair at Freebirds house but I realized it wouldn't make the trip the way it was running. I got my brakes and clutch oils changed and got the RSV pinstriped. Looks great. I still need to post pics of the pinstripe job.

I too like working on my own stuff but I was 500 miles from home and only had a day to make it dependable.

I bought it used so I have no idea the "real" care it had prior to my taking ownership. But is sure runs good now.

All in all it was a great trip. If you've never done Run For The Wall you ought to try at least one day of the ride. What an eye opener. I did last years trip too on my Road Star and really enjoyed that trip as well.

I appreciate all of the help the forum has been for me and I have enjoyed all the great people I have had the opportunity to meet.

We'll be in Cody too, by the way.:cool10::cool10:

Ya, I saw you there I think. You could not miss me, I had on this leather half hat that said Fuzzy across the front of it. I was there Saturday for most of the day. I really enjoyed the visit and got my center stand installed by the Ponch while there. I love the center stand.

I done a lot to my ride before the MD and should have bought rear brakes there and gotten some help to install. Now I am going to have to look this up and figure out what to buy, the double H sinter, or the OEM. Going to start a thread or something if I do not find info soon. I have looked through the Tour Deluxe Tech & Venture library and have not found anything yet.

This forum and all these people have been a great help to me also.

Fuzzy

There was a old link to Yamaha of Cucacmonga on my STAR website.

When I checked it out, I saw they give real good prices on Yamaha OEM stuff.

My SC dealer (in Sumter) will normally match the YC price if I bring in a printout.

So, in that sense, they have saved me money several times.

And I have dealt direct with YC, from SC, you're righ, good people.

Their link: http://www.yocracing.com/

Here's the note I sent:

A member of www.ventureriders.org posted positive comments about Jay Conaway, the owner, mechanic Bill Colvin and the guys at Yamaha of Cucamonga. It's great to hear positive stories about dealerships and positive notes go a very long way with our group. Thanks for helping a member of our group.

Here's their response:

Lawrence,

Thanks for the kind words. It really gets old seeing all the *****ing going on about other dealers and it is really a shame for the industry. Hopefully the other dealers will wake up.

It has been our goal for over 35 years to make everyone happy with their experience here. If there’s ever anything we can do for your group, never hesitate to let us know.

Thanks Again!

Jay Conaway

Yamaha of Cucamonga

The Yamaha Experts

Here's the note I sent:

A member of www.ventureriders.org posted positive comments about Jay Conaway, the owner, mechanic Bill Colvin and the guys at Yamaha of Cucamonga. It's great to hear positive stories about dealerships and positive notes go a very long way with our group. Thanks for helping a member of our group.

Here's their response:

Lawrence,

Thanks for the kind words. It really gets old seeing all the *****ing going on about other dealers and it is really a shame for the industry. Hopefully the other dealers will wake up.

It has been our goal for over 35 years to make everyone happy with their experience here. If there’s ever anything we can do for your group, never hesitate to let us know.

Thanks Again!

Jay Conaway

Yamaha of Cucamonga

The Yamaha Experts

Nice, glad you did that. I sent them a thumbs up/thank you on their face book page.

Fuzzy

+1 to them. I have ordered a few parts from them from time to time and the couple times that I contacted them with questions about the parts or my order they were quite helpful. On top of that (for a while anyways) their prices were terrific too.