IGNORED

Brake pedal return spring

Anyone have a work-around for a broken torsion spring - it returns the brake pedal to position (if it isn't broken like mine!)?

The spring is no longer available from Yamaha and I am growing weary of having to lift the pedal with my toe to stop the rear brake from activating.

Any ideas?

Doug,

Partshark.com still shows them.

On the Stand Footrest page.

51 SPRING,TORSION
90508-32590-00
1 $5.69
$4.00

I'm not sure if they ship to Canada.

I have a few things I have been going to get from them. I could get it and ship on to you.

Gary

Doug,

Partshark.com still shows them.

I'm not sure if they ship to Canada.

Gary

Yes they do Gary, I do orders with them on my larger $$$ parts orders. As I find it much cheaper than, doing it locally, even with shipping & customs.

:thumbsup2:

Thanks guys. The part is still listed on several websites, but Yamaha has recently delisted them. Partshark now cannot get it either. One part jobber told me that Yamaha, along with some other Japanese suppliers have delisted hundreds of parts recently due to damage that some of their suppliers in Japan suffered during the recent tsunami and that rather than source new suppliers for mundane and outdated parts, they are just removing them from the catalogue. Not sure how true it is, but it makes a good story!

I may have to hump down to Brantford to visit the spring suppliers there!

Thanks again guys.

Thanks guys. The part is still listed on several websites, but Yamaha has recently delisted them. Partshark now cannot get it either. One part jobber told me that Yamaha, along with some other Japanese suppliers have delisted hundreds of parts recently due to damage that some of their suppliers in Japan suffered during the recent tsunami and that rather than source new suppliers for mundane and outdated parts, they are just removing them from the catalogue. Not sure how true it is, but it makes a good story!

I may have to hump down to Brantford to visit the spring suppliers there!

Thanks again guys.

Let me know when you're coming,,,, and I'll do what I can to help out,,,,liquid, solid, cold or hot,,,,,,& we'll get it fixed.