IGNORED

Carbs or Electrical?

I have not started to look for the problem yet, but here are the symptoms. First off I have an 1985 royale with an 87 engine. Did the swap 4th of July weekend 2010 and the bike has run great. Now it starts and runs fine for cruising but when I get the rpms over 4500 it has no power. I used the carbs from the 1200 engine but with larger jets (same as the 1300 carbs would have). It has been running like this since I took it out this spring last year it ran fine. It seems like the timing is not advancing. Any suggestions would be great.

I just did tonight and have not riden yet. Filled the tank at noon today and used it to go see a customer. Cruised down the interstate at 75 mph no problem. Twist it wide open and it does not want to take off like it should. Hopfully the seafoam will help. I would like to find a set of carbs for a 1300 engine. I think my mileage would improve. I only get about 33 mpg the the 1200 carbs.

Just keep it under 4500, these engines work great below 45 although they are amazing around 6000.

And oh, don't be cheap with the seafoam,,, pour the whole can in and try to use the tank full over a couple of days so that it has time to clean.