IGNORED

Which vendor for a stator??

Here is the email I sent to Ricks.

Hi

I see that you have a high output stator for the Yamaha RSV. 21-412H

Does this same stator fit an '88 Venture, XVZ1300 or do you have a HO stator that does?

Jeff

Here is the reply I got back from Ricks.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the email. Part# 21-412H will not work on your 88 Venture. We do offer a high output stator that will fit, but it’s a special order item & you will also have to upgrade your rec/reg as well. The stator is part# 21-405H ($160)and will take about 3 business days to put together. The rec/reg is part# 10-215 ($120) and you will have to hard wire/solder this because it does not come with the factory connectors. It won’t mount in the same location as your OE rec/reg, so you’ll probably have to relocate it as well. If you would like to place an order for these parts, please call us at 1-800-521-0277 to place an order.

Thanks again,

Amanda Shaw

PR & Marketing Coordinator

Rick's Motorsport Electrics, Inc.

30 Owens Ct. #2

Hampstead, NH 03841

603-329-9901

www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com

• 11 months later...
1. Did you tell him that you are a member of VentureRiders.org for a discount?

2. That price includes the gasket set need for the job. When you compare others make sure to include the price for the 3 needed gaskets.

Actually to update an old thread. IT does NOT come with all the gaskets. Just the stator cover one. I had to find the other gasket and copper washer elsewhere.

It seems that Ricks is not sending all gaskets anymore.

That also do not stock them anymore, but they will have one custom wound up for you, adds about 30 days to shipping time.