IGNORED

Lower the brake pedal?

Guest jakescot

Guest jakescot

Ride a 2007 RSTD. I want to lower the height of the stock brake pedal. This means I want the existing brake pedal rubber to be about 2 inches lower than stock.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks, please email me your response at fubar dot kiss at gmail dot com.

Hmmm. I guess I should go look before I open my big mouth but I seem to remember some slight adjustment on the pedal. I don't think it was nearly 2 inches worth, but hmmm... I know there is one on the shift linkage. Then there is the adjustment for when the tail-light is activated...

by the way if you really want an e-mail response you can 'subscribe' to the thread and have the system e-mail you...

Yes you can adjust the linkage some what. I lowered mine a couple of years ago but don't remember how much. I pulled the pedal off the splines and turned it down one or two teeth, then played around with the lingage. You have to be careful how much you adjust the linkage thou because it will goof up the cruise control. It didn't apply to brake but it wouldn't allow me to set the cruise until I backed it off some again.

Guest jakescot

First: Just figured out how to subscribe to a thread

Next: There are adjustments to both shift and brake pedals, but they don't go far enough.

Next: I have hip joint issues, and want the RSTD to work for me (the Honda Shadow Spirit does, I've had three, really want the RSTD to work)

Next: I've reshaped the seat to move my butt back about 2 inches

Next: I've replaced the floorboards with pegs. this gets me the hip/leg situation I need

Next: With the pegs in place I need to lower the shift and brake pedals so I can work them with my feet, that's the reason for the original post/query

Last: It seems I'll have to have the levers cut and welded to do what I want. Question is this: what kind of welding is involved? TIG, MIG, what? I don't know squat about this stuff.

Thanks for all your help, it's appreciated.

I just tried lowering mine but i only lowered half an inch. I only tried adjusting the truss rod.

I didnt think that removing and realigning on the splilnes would work.

i believe i have them as low as possible. They bottom out just as they are gonna contact the engine guards.