I have looked at everything more times than I care to admit, but my faux tank cover simply will not lock into place with the TCI mounted on top of the air cleaner box. The a/c box is properly and fully seated, the carbs are full seated into their boots, and with the TCI on top of the a/c, there is just not enough room for the cover to be mounted. So, I am going to return both the TCI and the boost sensor to the stock location. What a waste of time. But learn something new everyday. Atleast I found my b/s wasn't working at all.

What would the feasibility be of mounting it directly to the underside of the top cover? You could go right across the flats and hold it in place with some velcro or something. I have my regulator/rectifier mounted in this location with no interference issues. Of course, the TCI box has a little wider/longer footprint- it might not work.

When I tried to mount the TCI on the airbox on my bike, it was tighter than I was comfortable with, even with the ears cut off and it against the battery box. I ended up mounting mine on the inside wall of the left fairing. I did not have to extend any wires and it has worked great so far. But, my bike is an MK1 standard with a radio/CD player mounted there and I don't know if an MK2 Royale has room in that area.

RandyA

What would the feasibility be of mounting it directly to the underside of the top cover? You could go right across the flats and hold it in place with some velcro or something. I have my regulator/rectifier mounted in this location with no interference issues. Of course, the TCI box has a little wider/longer footprint- it might not work.

Did you put the holes in the front of the cover to add more air around the Rectifier?

RandyA

Did you put the holes in the front of the cover to add more air around the Rectifier?

RandyA

Yessir. And to provide a path for more/cooler airflow into the airbox vicinity as well. I've laid my bare hand on the topcover where the R/R is mounted and it gets warm but not hot. I'm certain that there's far more cooling effect going on where I've got it mounted than in the stock location (which is horrible).

I'm moving things back to the stock location. Been riding these ventures since 86 and never had an issue with one getting wet. So, the heck with it. Besides it took me about 35 minutes to take things apart, remount the TCI and boost sensor, hook up all the wires. I got tired of feedin the skeeters, so I'll finish things up tomorrow evening.