IGNORED

Why can't I see my SENT messages?

dfenrick

Title pretty much says it all. I've sent a few private messages, but have been unable to tell if they were sent since they don't show up in my SENT messages folder.

Am I missing something? (Other than the messages that is :) )

OK....I replied to this and then realized that I had forgotten that it IS possible to have them NOT save in your sent folder. When you send a private message, whether it's the initial message or you are replying to a message, scroll down before you click "send" and you'll see that there is a box to check if you want to save a copy in your sent items folder. Make sure it is checked. Once you check it, it will remember your preference and stay checked for the next time and until you turn it off.

Guest Swifty
OK....Make sure it is checked. Once you check it, it will remember your preference and stay checked for the next time and until you turn it off.

But it doesn't work the other way? I don't want them saved, I have to uncheck it every time.

OK....I replied to this and then realized that I had forgotten that it IS possible to have them NOT save in your sent folder. When you send a private message, whether it's the initial message or you are replying to a message, scroll down before you click "send" and you'll see that there is a box to check if you want to save a copy in your sent items folder. Make sure it is checked. Once you check it, it will remember your preference and stay checked for the next time and until you turn it off.

It seems to only remember to stay checked as I never save my sent messages, nor do I wish for a confirmation so every time I send a message, I have to scroll down and uncheck those 2 boxes. A bit of a PITA.

Thanks for the help.

hmmmm....I'm not sure then. I always thought that it stayed checked unless you unchecked it until he told me that his was unchecked. I can make it default either way but only one way or the other and most seem to want it defaulted to checked form past conversations.

Go to "User CP"

On the left side of the screen, under "Settings and Options" go to "Edit Options"

Under "Messaging & Notification" near the bottom of this section is a check box to turn on or off the default option of sending all PMs to the sent folder.

DUH...THANK YOU Jeff. I knew it had to be somewhere and that I had seen it before but I absolutely couldn't remember where it was. Now there is NOT the same option for confirmation settings and that is the one that I had to change to checked by default.