IGNORED

850 mile test ride

Digger

Getting ready for my 3700 mile trip at the end of June so I wanted to test a few new add ons. Put a new XL F4 Custom windshield with vent, and it works great. Left Salt Lake City headed to Las Vegas(425 miles) and it was 36 degrees Monday with a touch of snow on the ground. Ran into two big rain storms on the way and barely got wet. Was able to put RainX on the shield which really helped and the vent provided a nice flow of air when I got to hotter weather in Vegas. Towed my new to me Escapade trailer, and I didn't really know it was back there even in hard crosswinds and heavy rain. I'm not usually fan of tank bags but I picked a small one up from Motorcyclegear.com that's a perfect fit for the RSV. Holds my MP3 player, sunglasses, wallet and a few food bars, even has a map pocket, but I use a GPS. Head back to Salt Lake City on Saturday, weather looks better this time. I think I'm ready now. I will be doing an Iron Butt ride on the first leg, 923 miles. This will be my first. Longest one day total before was 793 miles.