IGNORED

Tires... Bias or Radial??

SilvrT

So, I'm planning on putting new tires on the scoot before we leave for Cody. I got a price "on-line" which is out of the US on E3's bias ply.

I then requested a quote from a local supplier and darned near fell off my chair. Front was $51 more and rear was $62 more and that's after a 20% discount. I am waiting for a response as to if they quoted on Radials.

So, my Q is, do you guys buy bias or radial E3's ???

For me it is Avon Venom radials........:backinmyday::2cents:

That doesn't specifially answer my Q re: Dunlop E3 ; however, I went to the Avon site but could not tell which ones were bias and which ones were radial (in the Venoms)... can you guide me on this? Most of the Venoms I saw were labelled B (for Bias I presume) ... there were no "R's"

Availability isn't a problem. I do note that the E3's are available in either Bias or Radial ... just would like to know if those who are buying them are going with Bias or Radial?

Shows what I know about the tires then. I did get the Avon Venoms in bias then, Thank you. So why does JD use an inter tube in the Road King ? Oh shucks, now I remember, it is because of the spoke wheels I guess. Then I suppose there is not a radial tire made for motorcycles ? Unless it is a special order bike, custom. :confused24::starz::smash2:

Many bikes come with Radials on them. Some even run radials and bias!!

The Star Raider and the Harley Rocker both run a radial rear tire with a bias front tire.

So, I'm planning on putting new tires on the scoot before we leave for Cody. I got a price "on-line" which is out of the US on E3's bias ply.

I then requested a quote from a local supplier and darned near fell off my chair. Front was $51 more and rear was $62 more and that's after a 20% discount. I am waiting for a response as to if they quoted on Radials.

Here is another non answer to your question and perhaps even worse, it's a question. Anyway, why not buy the tires online and have them shipped to Cody for installation? Cross border shipping for tires is a killer.

Here is another non answer to your question and perhaps even worse, it's a question. Anyway, why not buy the tires online and have them shipped to Cody for installation? Cross border shipping for tires is a killer.

Now thats something i might ponder........:think: , the back tire is getting down but not real bad, but if I wait the price is so much higher here.

Brian

I have a drop point in Blaine where I get things shipped to and it's appx 1/2 hr drive (sans waiting to cross the border). I do plan to order on-line as the local supplier's pricing is not competitive.

Having done a bit more research on E3's and Avons, it appears that the tires that fit the RSV are Bias-ply; however, you can get radials but just not in our size so, I figgure my Q has been answered!

Thanks guys. (and it appears some knowledge has been gained here by others as well)

I just installed new E3's Bias on my 86 Venture, bought them at Adrenaline Motorsports here in Victoria. They were about $40 Ea more then Motorcycle Superstore but with shipping etc , really about the same price . I like to deal locally for this stuff in case of problems it is much easier to resolve, plus helps local economy!

I really like the tires, much better than the E2's I had before.

Cheers, Gary

That doesn't specifially answer my Q re: Dunlop E3 ; however, I went to the Avon site but could not tell which ones were bias and which ones were radial (in the Venoms)... can you guide me on this? Most of the Venoms I saw were labelled B (for Bias I presume) ... there were no "R's"

not sure this is what you want to know but venoms are bias and i belive the cobra's are radials

I just installed new E3's Bias on my 86 Venture, bought them at Adrenaline Motorsports here in Victoria. They were about $40 Ea more then Motorcycle Superstore but with shipping etc , really about the same price . I like to deal locally for this stuff in case of problems it is much easier to resolve, plus helps local economy!

I really like the tires, much better than the E2's I had before.

Cheers, Gary

Motorcycle Superstore price...

(rounded up)

Front - $124

Rear - $ 152

Local shop price...

Front - $175

Rear - $214

As I mentioned earlier, I can get them shipped to Blaine no charge so all I'm left with is the mounting cost so from my math, I can save $113

Shop locally? why? If it was a matter of 20 bucks, sure I would but not for $113

However, I do understand that I'm taking the risk if there is a problem with the tire(s).

Shop locally? why? If it was a matter of 20 bucks, sure I would but not for $113

However, I do understand that I'm taking the risk if there is a problem with the tire(s).

For an islander that would be $113 minus the cost of the ferry = $13 saved.

I ordered some E3 tires for my Virago and a few other things a while ago which were all shipped to Washington for free. Went over on the ferry to pick them up and stayed for a few days of sightseeing. Didn't save anything but it paid for my trip so I figure I came out ahead.

For an islander that would be $113 minus the cost of the ferry = $13 saved.

I ordered some E3 tires for my Virago and a few other things a while ago which were all shipped to Washington for free. Went over on the ferry to pick them up and stayed for a few days of sightseeing. Didn't save anything but it paid for my trip so I figure I came out ahead.

B.C. = Bring Cash but if ya live on the Island, double that amount LOL