IGNORED

Another trailer light question

Taking it EZ

OK Here's the problem. Did the Hoppy 5 to 4 conversion thing (LED Friendly), lights on trailer are incandescent. Everything is good to the plug. Hook up the trailer and only have running lights for about 20 seconds then fuse blows. Cannot get signals or brake lights, signal too weak. Tested on the cager everything works fine. My question is will a powered isolator boost signal to turn and brake lights or should I just switch to LED's:depressed:

I swapped to LEDs which was my intention all along. I had the same results as you with the original incandescents on the trailer when I installed the 5-4 led converter.

Edited by Owen

I installed my 5-4 converter 25 yrs ago and its still working. Went to LED's about 3 yrs ago on trailer and no problem. Inlighten me--why use a friendly LED converter--you may have to pull trailer without LED lights sometime. Whats the difference between the two converters?

This convertor is compatible with either system

I kind of figured that,but if your blowing fuses on the bike and not the cage ????? In case of emergancy or just picking a trailer up for a friend--I would want to be able to plug into anything and not blow fuses. :2cents:

So would I. Let me say that it is a Harbor Freight so the quality of the lights are very questionable. I will change them to LED's anyway. Used a test light and signal very weak after the plug, barely makes bulb flicker. Just need to know if the powered isolator will boost the signal for the brake lights and signals

Just want to add the blown fuse problem is from all the extra lights the PO added to the bike maxing out the circuit

Edited by Taking it EZ