IGNORED

Deer Strike fatality

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: It is so early in the riding season here in Nebraska, been cold and wet. I heard last weekend about a biker from a nearby town that struck a deer while riding his motorcycle. I am saddened to learn he passed away due to his injuries. Although I did not know the biker, my heart goes out to his family. He was one us. Ride safe...

Sorry to hear that.

We have a guy around here fightin' for his life right now from a deer hit a week ago. Based on all the broken ribs and collapsed lung, I wonder if he didn't take the body of the deer right in the chest at speed.:confused24:

My second deer hit a couple years ago just put an end to riding at night. I just don't like not being able to see what's coming after me, and it's just not worth it.

Be safe everyone, Scooter Bob

With the river levels on the rise around the Missouri, Elkhorn and Platte rivers the deer have been on the move to new ground. Finding them in places I have never seen them in before and making my evening rides a bit more interesting to say the least.

Ride with all caution my friends.

Mike

It is also birthing season right now.

The moms are ready to drop their new young and are driving last years young out of the territory. That is how they keep the gene pool spread out.

All of these yearling deer are looking for new homes and do not know the teritory that they are traveling through. If they were born and raised in an area with no busy roads, they have not been taught how to cross the street.

This and the fall mating season are the two times of year you are most likely to find deer running blindly across the road.