IGNORED

Bub mufflers pealing

I bought a set of Bub mufflers off craigslist and love the sound. The tips are flaking. Has anyone sanded down the chrome and painted the tips with a high temp paint? They might look nice with flat black paint. I know I can buy new tips.

I bought a set of Bub mufflers off craigslist and love the sound. The tips are flaking. Has anyone sanded down the chrome and painted the tips with a high temp paint? They might look nice with flat black paint. I know I can buy new tips.

Yes they can be painted black. A couple of members have done so. They can also be stripped of the chrome and then buffed out. I'd recommend stripping which ever way you go as the chrome will continue to peal. De-chroming can be done by any chrome shop. Works much better than sanding... and easier too.... :) Attached are before and after pics.

Edited by Condor

I had a friend of mine do it for me....he offered to do it for free, but I insisted on paying. I gave him $20.00 for his trouble. I have no idea what it would cost to have a professional do it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

+1 for the flat blacking them. I've seen this on one RSV and it looked great and seemed to work well. The other plus to that is that it is cheap and easy. Two things I like in a wom... I mean two things I like in a 'fix'.