IGNORED

Too HOT

Art708

Left this morning for a ride. It was nice weather...warm and comfortable. On the way home the last 100 miles were too hot to ride. At least it was too hot on the Valkyrie. Damn, that thing can put out some heat. I don't remember the Valk being so hot last year, but I'm sure it was. It was 96 by my patio thermometer when I got home. If this is how summer is gonna be I might only ride at night.

Left this morning for a ride. It was nice weather...warm and comfortable. On the way home the last 100 miles were too hot to ride. At least it was too hot on the Valkyrie. Damn, that thing can put out some heat. I don't remember the Valk being so hot last year, but I'm sure it was. It was 96 by my patio thermometer when I got home. If this is how summer is gonna be I might only ride at night.

Trade ya your weather for ours...

Forecast for the next several days is cloudy, rain, and temps 2-4 degrees celcius lower than normal. Normal high this time of year is 18 celcius (just over 64 F)

Trade ya your weather for ours...

Forecast for the next several days is cloudy, rain, and temps 2-4 degrees celcius lower than normal. Normal high this time of year is 18 celcius (just over 64 F)

64 degrees....man, that's good riding weather. I'd take that ....without the rain though.

One morning a couple of weeks ago it was 38 degrees when I left the house for work at 4:00 am. By the time headed home at 6:00 pm it was 87 degrees.

Around here we just carry a swim suit in the pocket of our parka in case the weather changes.

Love the midwest........:bang head:

Hey Art, at least you were riding. I was on my garage roof with a 5 gallon pail of fibered roofing tar resealing all the roof seams, some of which were leaking. Temps up there were pretty close to 100 and no shade. As I climbed in the window I noticed the tar bubbling on the surface. :scorched:

Hey Art, at least you were riding. I was on my garage roof with a 5 gallon pail of fibered roofing tar resealing all the roof seams, some of which were leaking. Temps up there were pretty close to 100 and no shade. As I climbed in the window I noticed the tar bubbling on the surface. :scorched:

I know what you mean, Ruffy. A couple of years ago I helpled a friend strip and re-shingle his roof......in Palatka, in July, with no trees for shade. I'd work about 20 minutes and go down, drink water, re-soak the towel around my head and go back up the ladder. Thankfully it only took us 2 days to do the job.