IGNORED

Sea to Sky Highway

Panjandrum

Just returned from a great ride up to Whistler. The Sea to Sky Highway is a great road to scrub in the new Avon tires... all round, not just in the middle.

There was a British Sports Car rally in Olympic Plaza. Lots of MGs, Triumphs, Jags, a few Lotus, Aston Martins, Bentlys, and Minis. Oh, and a Rover 2000 TC. In the dim distant past, I owned a few of the models, and drove a few more.

Good day, and only rode through two light showers.

:322:

I have not been up since the Olympic improvements.

How long did it take to drive up?

Bill

Bill, I can't answer your Q but man, you gotta take a ride up there someday. Well worth the ride and nothing at all like the old road.

Janets brother has a place up there so we will probably get up there sometime. It will be interesting to see the changes.

I have had many an English sports car. I am intimately acquainted with " The Prince of Darkness".

From Horseshoe Bay to Squamish is about 30 - 40 minutes, and another 30 - 40 to Whistler. The road surface is excellent, and most of the highway is four lane, which means you are not stuck forever behind a Camry doing the speed limit. The curves are still there... as are the spectacular views of sea, mountains and waterfalls.