Hi all

I'm just new to the site and have just posted an introduction. I am from Ireland and I drive a Royal Star Venture 2001 1300TF and LOVE it! There are not many here so parts are hard to come by. I am currently looking for a new full exhaust system, not slip ons. My pipes underneath are corroding and although there is only 35,000km on the clock, I would like to keep the bike alot longer.

I was quoted by Yamaha Europe for a brand new set of OEM pipes at 2,800dollars. It's crazy money, can anyone recommend a full exhaust system for my model that they know will definitely fit. I really can't afford $2,800 (€2,000) but I don't want to lose the bike. The bike is running great other than a rattling exhaust..Please help! thanks for the time.

Gar

Welcome to the site! Unfortunately, I don't know if there is going to be a ready-made solution for you; I have never heard of someone needing to replace the whole exhaust system on one of these bikes. But if there is one available, somebody here will know about it.

Although I have not personally looked close a the exhaust system with an eye to replacement, I would not expect it to be very hard. The good thing is that the pipes are not typical chromed motorcycle pipes - the only chrome is the heat shields. I expect any muffler shop could easily fabricate new pipes and weld them to the pieces that connect directly to the heads. The existing chrome heat shields could either be welded to the new pipes, or probably clamped on pretty easily with hose clamps on the mounting tabs after they have had little feet added to them. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Welcome to the site! Unfortunately, I don't know if there is going to be a ready-made solution for you; I have never heard of someone needing to replace the whole exhaust system on one of these bikes. But if there is one available, somebody here will know about it.

Although I have not personally looked close a the exhaust system with an eye to replacement, I would not expect it to be very hard. The good thing is that the pipes are not typical chromed motorcycle pipes - the only chrome is the heat shields. I expect any muffler shop could easily fabricate new pipes and weld them to the pieces that connect directly to the heads. The existing chrome heat shields could either be welded to the new pipes, or probably clamped on pretty easily with hose clamps on the mounting tabs after they have had little feet added to them. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I was looking at a web site http://www.thefind.com they have the headers and mufflers it may be what your looking for:080402gudl_prv:

Okay, I just got a reply back from Westend Motorsports and he said the 4 into 2 Bub system is "That is a complete exhaust system, including headers, mufflers, and any hardware needed for mounting" Can I take from this that if I buy these pipes at $895 that the bike will be road ready? Sorry for the dumbass questions!:confused24:

I checked this out thanks, I took a look at the video before disassembly and it looks like shes been crashed..okay for 189 I shouldnt complain but the exhaust sounds really 'barky' if you get me...