IGNORED

Back surgery scheduled Friday, 27th

dingy

Hey Dingy, and others,

Have you talked to your DR or Chiropractor about using an inversion table??:confused24:

My regular guy was a little leary about using one before the decompression therapy I started yesterday, but the new Chiro that has the decompression machine(the rack) said he uses one himself, and that it would be alright for a couple minutes at a time.

I bought one yesterday at Dunham Sports($150) and slowly put it together. First tip over to the lowest setting(about 20 degrees) pulled everything 10 times harder than the decompression machine, and seemed like way too much to start with. I stuck some blocks of wood in it to lessen the tilt to about 10 degrees, and used it several times yesterday afternoon and evening for a minute or two at a time.

It's definately helping. Much more flexibility without pain last night, probably 80% of normal. Although I seemed to have pulled a couple muscles in my legs I didn't know I had. :scratchchin:

You don't need to be upside-down like Roger Teeter in the commercials. Just a little bit over level, and you can push the handles to get a little more stretch if needed.

Just a thought, and I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Hey Dingy, and others,

Have you talked to your DR or Chiropractor about using an inversion table??:confused24:

My regular guy was a little leary about using one before the decompression therapy I started yesterday, but the new Chiro that has the decompression machine(the rack) said he uses one himself, and that it would be alright for a couple minutes at a time.

I bought one yesterday at Dunham Sports($150) and slowly put it together. First tip over to the lowest setting(about 20 degrees) pulled everything 10 times harder than the decompression machine, and seemed like way too much to start with. I stuck some blocks of wood in it to lessen the tilt to about 10 degrees, and used it several times yesterday afternoon and evening for a minute or two at a time.

It's definately helping. Much more flexibility without pain last night, probably 80% of normal. Although I seemed to have pulled a couple muscles in my legs I didn't know I had. :scratchchin:

You don't need to be upside-down like Roger Teeter in the commercials. Just a little bit over level, and you can push the handles to get a little more stretch if needed.

Just a thought, and I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck, Scooter Bob

I did ask Dr about this. In my case the bad disk is extruded so far into spinal canal that only thing that will repair it is get the extruded part out.

This might be helpful on a bulging disc, but I am past that point.

Gary