Hey Clive,

There is a "Release Clip" on the side of both plugs, while depressing the clip, you need to "wiggle to the left", "and wiggle to the right" , while pulling out on the plug. I find a "pinching motion" with the thumb and pointer finger works best for me. Large, fat, fingers add to the challenge, but patience will usually win out.

Good luck!:thumbsup2:

Earl

That's the method I was using to do it but since it wouldn't budge I did wonder if there was something that I could not see that was holding it together. Now that I know there isn't I'll apply more patience, some WD40 and perhaps some pliers. Sometimes it is the little things in life that cause an inordinate amount of grief. Thanks skydoc.

On a related note I have also found that sometimes it helps to try seating the connector inward (together) more firmly before trying to release the lock tab. I think what was happening for me was simultaneous pulling of the connector while trying to release the lock tab... causing a bind at the lock tab itself. I've had much better recent success with the alternate method instead. Once you get it apart and get some MLO (moisture lock out) in there it will be easier in the future.

A squirt of WD40 worked wonders in getting the connectors to wiggle enough to rock them apart. Non of the connectors looked the least bit corroded. Never heard of MLO.

Dielectric grease, available at most auto parts stores.