IGNORED

Need help with a spammer.

Flyinfool

There is an add on Craigs list right now for a house for rent.

The add lists the address, has pictures, and it is my parents house.

My parents are NOT trying to rent this house. This house in this neighborhood would rent for a lot more than the CL add.

The reply to email address even has my fathers name in it.

This is a scam, the police have been notified but said there is not much they can do.

There have been local news reports of this where someone is taking real estate listings (yes the house was just listed for sale 2 weeks ago) and using the info from that to create these for rent adds, usually the first that someone knows of it is when one or more moving vans shows up in front of their house with one or more familys expecting to move in having already paid their first and last months rent plus security deposit. Not only are these family's out the money they sent to the scammer but they have already terminated the lease where they were living.

This is the ad

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/2380005353.html

Please go to the add and click on prohibited, then open the ad again and click spam.

Hopefully with enough feedback CL will pull the ad before something bad happens.

Thanks for your help on this

Edited by Flyinfool

U want us to send Guido and the boys???

If we knew where to send them they would have to wait in line.

It must have been pulled while I was typing.

The family has been flagging it all day.

Hopefully no damage has occurred.

Probably find out at the end of the month

The add has been up since the 13th.

We found out about it this morning when someone in California used the address to look up a phone number and called for more info.

Edited by Flyinfool

years ago, we had a house in S`port,LA. it was for sell, we lived in Houston. My wifes Aunt called her and said she noticed that we had sold the house finally.... What??? sure enough, we get there and there are people living there, they said they are renting it and had receipts from the person that was renting it out... just to show you how screwed up the laws are, we had to go to court and prove it was our house to get them out, it took around a month to get a court order to get them out, then my wife and some of her freinds had to moved all there stuff out to the street. I feel for ya on your deal, I know how bad it can be. The law never did catch the guy that was renting it out..

best of luck,

K