IGNORED

shocks

Mikealiasmike

The shocks on all ALL RSVs are the same*, and also are the same as the shocks on all RSTDs from 2005 on. Other Royal Star models prior to 2000 are different.

* In 2005 Yamahaha made some slight changes to the rear shock in an attempt to solve the many failures (didn't help), but those newer shocks fit all bikes. In fact, if buying a replacement shock, that is the only Yamahaha junk shock you should use.

Goose

The shocks on all ALL RSVs are the same*, and also are the same as the shocks on all RSTDs from 2005 on. Other Royal Star models prior to 2000 are different.

* In 2005 Yamahaha made some slight changes to the rear shock in an attempt to solve the many failures (didn't help), but those newer shocks fit all bikes. In fact, if buying a replacement shock, that is the only Yamahaha junk shock you should use.

Goose

So what your saying is a 1999 Venture shock will not work on a 2005 RSTD?

So what your saying is a 1999 Venture shock will not work on a 2005 RSTD?
No, that is not what I am saying.

All RSV and modern RSTD shocks are interchangeable.

Personally, I would not spend even $10 on any used Yamahaha shock for these bikes unless I was just trying to fix it to sell quick - just too many failures with that junk part for me to take the risk - and that goes double for one that is over 10 years old! But it will fit if that is what you want to do.

Goose

Thanks, answered my question and more. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Doing an Iron Butt ride end of month and crammed for time to do something to get by. Appreciate all the input you share on here Goose. Like to meet ya sometime and buy ya a beer to pay for just some of the things I've learned from you. God Bless. Mike