IGNORED

Honey it just followed me home!

Gary N.

Nice truck Gary !!! I see it's still got the starter pedal on the floor, does it still work? I learn to drive an old Fargo about the same year. Pretty hard to coordinate a 10 year old foot to pump the gas and press the starter at the same time!

Yup, still got the starter pedal on the floor and it still works.

Made it home. No issues crossing the border. Cleaned it up and we went to our first cruise night of the year. Goes down the road real nice but it does need a few improvements. I've got to get rid of the lever shocks on the front axle and maybe install a sway bar as well. Vacuum wipers really "suck". Electric wipers will be high on the list. And a side view mirror on the passenger side too. I drove it all the way home using hand signals because I didn't think it had electric turn signals and was going to make that my first improvement but when I started going through some of the bills for parts etc. that went into the rebuild I discovered that it does have turn signals. There's a hidden switch under the dash that turns them on. And this is a weird one, the guy spent a few hundred dollars on a nice radio that fits in the stock location and looks factory installed but never hooked up the antenna. There isn't even a wire running from the antenna to the radio.

Anyway it was quite an adventure, even without my Venture but the real adventure is just begining.

so one wit 5 winders is a tree winder truck:doh:

:rotf: Yep thats correct. Windshield is not included in the "cab window count". The three window has one rear window only without the highly collectable cabs that include them 2 little windows.

To the OP thats a heck of a truck. Really love the 6 cyl. Love the 5spd upgrade. Them cream wheels with the chrome caps and trim rings set it off. Very very jealous. Enjoy it.

Gosh Gary,

The picture of the interior sure brought back old memories of a cold Kansas morning, setting the choke and hitting the gas & starter pedals and hearing the sound of the starter as that cold six fired. Then the smell of the cab, especially when the heater finally started putting out a little heat.

Thanks,

Rick

Found an old '49 Chevy pickup just wondering around on eBay and couldn't help but fall in love with it. Picked it up yesterday in Augusta Ga. and I am now visiting some friends in Raleigh NC. Heading out this morning for home.

The truck was restored in the late '90s and still looks and drives real nice. It's old school with the old Chevy "Stovebolt Six" but has a late model 5 speed with an S-10 rear end and disk brakes. No power steering, no power brakes, no a/c and the radio don't work. So far I'm love'n it.

Gary, I love your new (old) truck. It is really cool.

Are you going to show it down at Nationals?

Yama Mama:223:

Hi Peggy,

Not in our plans for this year as we are going on the 9-11 ride the middle of Aug. We might take it over to Nat's North in Kalamazoo the middle of Sept. though.