IGNORED

music downloads

hipshot

Try Radiosure get it from Cnet downloads.

Does a pretty credible job of recording streaming radio to .mp3 files. It even has the option of splitting into individual song files with Tags etc. Limited of course to how well the streaming station does at updating the text about the songs they are playing.

Guest scarylarry
"If it is free, then it is shareware files and they are not safe.."

Bull ! Just because something is free or shareware does NOT mean it is malware infected.

Sure, there are lots of infected 'warez' on the internet, but there are infected 'sites' too... whatever you download, scan *first* before installation/use. Even better, use Web of Trust (WOT) to help stay clear of suspicious sites, or Sandboxie to stay safer while surfing or installing...

But I find your blanket statement totally off the mark, as MANY free and shareware files are legitimate, safe alternatives.

I didn't say ALL are unsafe but when you start downloading many files that from the unknown you are running a high risk..

I myself seen many computers infected from limewire, once you click download you are at risk...

Statement off mark no it isn't..

If I were the artist, I would expect to sell my music. If you were an auto mechanic, you would expect to be paid for your services.

I use itunes all the time. $10 bucks for an album is a fair price. $1.29 per song, if you chose you only like one song on the album, is a fair price.

I have over 900 songs on my mp3 player in my GPS that I've purchased over time from itunes that I converted using Switch file converter and copied to an 8gig card.

Music is their trade, they want to be payed for plieing their trade. I don't blame them. I would too. Therefore, I choose to do it legally and pay for what I get.

If I were the artist, I would expect to sell my music. If you were an auto mechanic, you would expect to be paid for your services.

I use itunes all the time. $10 bucks for an album is a fair price. $1.29 per song, if you chose you only like one song on the album, is a fair price.

I have over 900 songs on my mp3 player in my GPS that I've purchased over time from itunes that I converted using Switch file converter and copied to an 8gig card.

Music is their trade, they want to be payed for plieing their trade. I don't blame them. I would too. Therefore, I choose to do it legally and pay for what I get.

If it were so simple, then I probably would agree with you.

What about iTunes refusing to allow you to listen to your music, that you paid full price for, on anything but an Apple device?

How does the musician benefit?

If it were so simple, then I probably would agree with you.

What about iTunes refusing to allow you to listen to your music, that you paid full price for, on anything but an Apple device?

How does the musician benefit?

Like I said, I've copied everything I downloaded from itunes through Switch and converted it to MP3 format so that I can listen to it on my MP3 player in my GPS.

No problems. Plus, if I'm listening to music otherwise, it's usually from my iphone.

Not sure what you mean here but iTunes will not download music from an iPod, it will only upload to it. Which means if for any reason you lose the music on your computer you can't rescue it from your iPod. Unless of course you buy some relatively inexpensive 3rd party software that will allow you to download from the iPod. I found this out when I had a HD crash with all my music on it. Can't remember what the software is that I got but it was about $12 from FutureShop about 6 years ago. Haven't needed it since.

At home I play all my music with iTunes on my Windows Media Center. It will take music files from a CD or DVD and convert them to .mp3 format and save them to the HD. Initially I got iTunes because I got an iPod but found it worked great and was free. I'm sure there are other apps that will do the same just as well but it works for me and I like the way it does it. I prefer Windows and the only things I have from Apple is the iPod and iTunes.

Guest tx2sturgis

Again Twigg? Ok...not true. You can play any non-DRM files on any device that plays music...well most anyway...if it's compatible with mp3 players your good to go..

And 'refusing' is WAAAY different than not providing a built in way to duplicate music from one device to another.

Not sure what you mean here but iTunes will not download music from an iPod, it will only upload to it. Which means if for any reason you lose the music on your computer you can't rescue it from your iPod. Unless of course you buy some relatively inexpensive 3rd party software that will allow you to download from the iPod. I found this out when I had a HD crash with all my music on it. Can't remember what the software is that I got but it was about $12 from FutureShop about 6 years ago. Haven't needed it since.

At home I play all my music with iTunes on my Windows Media Center. It will take music files from a CD or DVD and convert them to .mp3 format and save them to the HD. Initially I got iTunes because I got an iPod but found it worked great and was free. I'm sure there are other apps that will do the same just as well but it works for me and I like the way it does it. I prefer Windows and the only things I have from Apple is the iPod and iTunes.

Use floola for downloading from the ipod, actually synching is a better word. Its free and lets you hookup more than 1 ipod to your computer without deleting your files when it tries to synch 2nd one. have a look here,http://www.floola.com/home

Brian

Use floola for downloading from the ipod, actually synching is a better word. Its free and lets you hookup more than 1 ipod to your computer without deleting your files when it tries to synch 2nd one. have a look here,http://www.floola.com/home
I'm not sure if we got our wires crossed and you probably know this but anyway, iTunes will sync with the iPod but essentially only one way. Whatever music, playlist arrangement is on the computer gets transferred to the iPod. Music cannot be transferred from the iPod to the computer. Kinda annoying but solved by 3rd party software that will download the music directly to your computer. The music can then be put back into iTunes or not, as you wish. Pretty much what I said before but thought I'd clarify.

Thanks for the link to Floola, it does more than the software I purchased and is free. Very cool. :cool10:

What I do for most of my music is go to the library. Ours has a big selection of CDs, but if you want something special and it's not at our local library, you do a search to find if another library has it, and they'll ship it to your library. When you look through the selection available, you see a lot of albums that you really like, and I always leave with 4-5 CDs minimum.

Frank