IGNORED

Has anyone used a B&H seat cover?

I have never used B&H seat covers.

Reading thier warrenty section however, it appears they only make vinyl covers.

If you are thinking of getting the vinyl type cover, I would think you will still be challenged with a wet behind from sweating.

leather (or vinyl) with no air flow between you and the seat = heat buildup which eventually you will begin to sweat and have that same moisture entrapment..

I bought cushion from wal mart ($20.00) that has many "air pouches" that cushions the bottom and then I placed a beaded seat cover over that. It works great since the beaded cover lets air flow through to keep my bottom dry, and the cushion is soft to sit on..

On long rides, (when I stop for gas) I have an option to 'swap around" the seating arrangement.

Stock seat, air cushion on stock seat, beaded cover on stock seat, or beaded cover on cushion..this sure makes it easier to ride long distance..and it if begins to rain it is very simple to remove the cushion and place it in the trunk to keep it dry..

The wal mart cushion I am speaking of is in the auto department in the seat cover section.

A few days ago I saw someone had mentioned they has put some insulation/heat barrier under the seat, and it helped during the summer.

Speaking of seats, has anybody done the seat mod on a 1st gen like they do on the 2nd gen with the memory foam and gel insert? I sat on Bryan's last fall and it sure did feel comfy.

I'm thinking a nice Swede seat would feel better than the vinyl. But then it would have to be waterproofed. I'm thinking that it wouldn't get as hot in the direct sun as the vinyl gets. I have a brown seat and can only imagine how hot the black vinyl gets. The biggest issue with my vinyl seat is that after I apply some armor all, it gets slippery and I slide forward on it when I come to a stop. Also I notice some of the pattern is beginning to get rubbed off.

Thanks,

Bill