IGNORED

Difficulty with threading progressive pump onto forks

Just got the progressive pump. Trying to thread it onto schrader valve on forks but it is very difficult as there is so little room to work your fingers to tighten. Anyone else have same problem? Solution?:confused24:

I lowered the front like was said, I have weak hands, I'm old, can't see or pee. No, you're not the only one. I don't add air to my front suspension any more. Causes a little sag in the front, but, like I said, I'm old and used to it.:)

Bobcatpat,

I have the same issue with my Progresssive pump.

What I do :

1) turn handlebars all the way to lock.

2) unfold/swing out the tube with the nozzle connector on the pump

3) hold the pump by the hard plastic shaft with one hand while aligning the nozzle as best I can against the threads on the bike. At the same time, I've got 2 fingers from the other hand in place to screw the pump connector onto the fork nozzle. I can use 2 fingers to turn the connector ~1/4 turn at a time. With practice, you'll actually feel it align to the beginnig of the threads.

4) turn the bars in the other direction and repeat for the opposing fork.

Hope this helps.

It is a slow process.

Bob

Thanks everyone. Finally just got done putting air in forks. I put 4 psi. I hope I never have to do it again... it was a BEEEEATCH!

The bike is new to me. It had zero psi front and rear, so probably never had air in either. I put 4 psi front and 30 psi rear. I can tell you the suspension feels different just sitting on the bike and bouncing on the seat a bit. Feels better. Can't wait to roll it!