Has anyone tried this tach?

Electronic Specialties 328 EZ Tach Plus

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z32OHW]Amazon.com: Electronic Specialties 328 EZ Tach Plus: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31m4HzTo%2BuL.@@AMEPARAM@@31m4HzTo%2BuL[/ame]

Or any suggestions for hand held tachs.

Has anyone tried this tach?

Electronic Specialties 328 EZ Tach Plus

Amazon.com: Electronic Specialties 328 EZ Tach Plus: Automotive

Or any suggestions for hand held tachs.

Larry carbon one just used the 325 EZ and it was hard to get it on the plug wire,it looks like the 328 EZ would work alot better with the smaller clamp. As far as the tool it seem to work pretty good.

Hope this help's, Joe :080402gudl_prv:

The 328 model would be a better/easier unit to use on our bikes. Like Joe said it is a bit awkward to get the 325 model clipped over the spark plug wire. That J & P store is only about 10 miles from me so I'm going to go there and check these out. Don't know if they're open on weekends so may have to wait till Monday to do that.

I'll report back my findings.

Larry

Checked out the address but it's a residence with the guy working from his home. He drop ships orders so nothing on hand to check out.

I did order one from another e-bay dealer so once I get it later this week I'll report back on the unit.

It was cheaper to order out of state due to the 6% sales taxes and shipping added on to the selling price.

Larry

Any MultiMeter that will display RPM will work.

The connector from the coils is right there under the left hand side panel. You can back probe any coil and connect the other lead to a good ground.

I think the coils fire twice per revolution, so you would need to use the setting for 8 Cylinder engines.

• 2 weeks later...
Checked out the address but it's a residence with the guy working from his home. He drop ships orders so nothing on hand to check out.

I did order one from another e-bay dealer so once I get it later this week I'll report back on the unit.

It was cheaper to order out of state due to the 6% sales taxes and shipping added on to the selling price.

Larry

Hey Larry, did you receive the tach yet and if so, what do you think?

Mike