IGNORED

No fuel light 2007 Tour Deluxe ?

I filled my tank up a few days back and have been riding back and forth to work in the rare Scottish sunshine, on my way home yesterday I noticed the fuel gauge dip and the "F" count begin, I anly had 78 miles since brimming her :(.

Now I am riding solo and doing anywhere from 55 to 90 mph (mostly above 70 ) so it looks like I'll be lucky to get 100 miles to the tank before empty, unless I bumble around at 55 all day :confused24:.

However I never had any "Low fuel warning light appear" is this only on the Venture model as I can't see a low fuel light on the consol ?

Cheers.

The "count up timer" is your only indication. There is no "idiot light".

I get the count up starting at 114 miles, and have achieved 150 miles. I rarely look for gas until the count up is at 25 miles.

I've found that if I can keep under 70, I get much better fuel economy. I keep it in 4th gear and it just hums. Above 70 and the windshield drag becomes a burden.

Hmmm, I've also vented the filler neck so that I can get a truly full tank.

Good luck!

Dave

Vented Neck:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3606966819_ca3ae57936.jpg

Edited by Dave77459
It's almost like I forgot how to post a picture!

You didn't notice a vapor trail behind you huh? ;-)

There is no Fuel light for the RSTD.. not sure about the Venture..

Are you riding in ON or RESERVE?

Per the Owners manual there are 8 lights:

1. High beam indicator light “ ”

2. Cruise control indicator lights

3. Oil level warning light “ ”

4. Turn signal indicator light “ ”

5. Engine trouble warning light “ ”

6. Overdrive indicator light “O/D”

7. Coolant temperature warning light “ ”

8. Neutral indicator light “ ”

Low Fuel indication is per the gauge:

Fuel meter

The fuel meter indicates the amount of fuel in the fuel tank. The display segments of the fuel meter disappear towards “E” (Empty) as the fuel level decreases. When the last segment on the right starts flashing, refuel as soon as possible. When the key is turned to

“ON”, all of the display segments of the fuel meter will appear one after the other and then disappear in order to test the electrical circuit.

NOTE:

This fuel meter is equipped with a self diagnosis system. If the electrical circuit is defective, all the display segments will start flashing. If this occurs, have a Yamaha dealer check the electrical circuit.

You didn't notice a vapor trail behind you huh? ;-)

LOL, No vapour trail, only a trail of £££££ as it's £7 per gallon over here ($11 at todays exchange), I will try and keep it under/around the 70mph mark after I fill up and see if I can get 150 range to the tank.

Thanks for the tip about venting the tank, I'll have to look into that further.

Cheers.

The "count up timer" is your only indication. There is no "idiot light".

I get the count up starting at 114 miles, and have achieved 150 miles. I rarely look for gas until the count up is at 25 miles.

I've found that if I can keep under 70, I get much better fuel economy. I keep it in 4th gear and it just hums. Above 70 and the windshield drag becomes a burden.

Hmmm, I've also vented the filler neck so that I can get a truly full tank.

Good luck!

Dave

How much extra fuel do you get into the tank with it Vented this way and does it expand on a hot day and run over the edge

Vented Neck:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3606966819_ca3ae57936.jpg

How much extra fuel do you get into the tank with it Vented this way and does it expand on a hot day and run over the edge

"Riding on the road I get 160 to 187 miles before the F count down."............ now here is a guy who knows how to easy on the throttle ! what is your secret?

No kidding, these specs are about what I see on my RSV... and WE have the bigger tank!?!? :think: