IGNORED

First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket

royalstarjac

I just bought 2 of these jackets. 1 XL for me and 1 WLG for the wife.

For anyone looking for a great 3 season all weather jacket, I would highly recommend it. Honda of east Toledo has them at their ebay store for $239 which is the cheapest I could find it anywhere. They list for $299. New Enough has them for $269.

I got ours from Honda of east Toledo and would recommend doing business with them. Here's a link and no I do not have any financial interest in them or Firstgear.-Jack

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIRSTGEAR-Kilimanjaro-4-0-Jacket-BK-GY-LGT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6750QQihZ017QQitemZ270186931871QQtcZphoto

Here's a rundown on the Jacket.

The Kilimanjaro 4.0 jacket is the fourth generation in a jacket that has been a favorite among commuters and touring riders for years. The main things that set this jacket apart are the full-coverage 3/4 length design and the extensive storage built into the jacket. A 3/4 length style like this can provide great coverage from the elements, especially in cold weather. The main zipper of the jacket is “two way” meaning you zip it up normally from the bottom, but you can also raise a second zipper slider from the bottom which will help with comfort when sitting on a bike in the riding position (you’ll know what I’m trying to say when you try it out). The storage system on this jacket is fantastic. I count at least seven pockets, including large cargo storage pockets on front that have little organizing features built in as well. Plenty of room for all your touring needs. For cold weather, you get a removable full-sleeve thermal liner. The liner is a great design since it serves as a light casual jacket when removed. This dual-purpose capability is handy for those with limited packing space. Take the “View Larger Pictures” link above to see what I mean about the liner design. When the weather warms up, you can leave the liner out and use the zippered vents (two in front and one in back). For crash protection, you get a full set of CE approved armor. The armor is a combination of firm plastic covered in a soft foam material. It’s very substantial and should provide good protection in case of a fall. The back armor is a soft flexible “memory foam” type armor.

.........................WOW, I live just 8 miles from their store and was just there this morning and picked up some oil. Too bad they don't stock them.............................

If you buy from their ebay store you might get around the sales tax.

Maybe they keep their ebay stock in a different location. I got mine in a week and it came from them, not a third party.-Jack