I went for a run on my 04 RSV with my GPS and noted how much the speedo was out then went to the online calibration page on the SpeedOhealer site and ran the calculator.

I then installed the Speedohealer (took about 10 minutes) and set the calibration according to the numbers given. Took the bike back out with the GPS once again and it is dead on. Very pleased now to have the speedo showing true speed.

Not sure exactly what that will do to my odometer but I can live with that.

Also, I'm going to synch my carbs as well this weekend and that should pretty much be what was on my hit list for the bike before riding season gets under way that and put on a few decals I ordered way back in February. Just a bit of gold leaf decaling to add a bit of detail to the bike. I hope I don't mess that up and make it look lopsided.

Weather finally looks like it is going to hit the double celsius digits this weekend - finally.

Ride safe

Chris in Red Deer, AB

Not exactly but it will be off. I have a Speedohealer on my bike also and I love it. Before I added the Speedohealer, I think mine was off about 7 1/2%. The odometers are also off but not by that same amount. If I remember corrected, it read about 4% high. So after corrected the speedo for 7 1/2%, the odometer now reads low about 3 percent. I'm OK with that and much prefer having the speedo read correctly.

Thanks for the information. When my speedometer said 110kph my gps said 100 kph. That is what I corrected for. I think it was in the neighbourhood of 7.91% or something like that. I don't remember the exact correction numbers.

Thanks folks.

Have a great long weekend!

Chris

I have a Speedohealer on my bike also and I love it. Before I added the Speedohealer, I think mine was off about 7 1/2%. The odometers are also off but not by that same amount. If I remember corrected, it read about 4% high. So after corrected the speedo for 7 1/2%, the odometer now reads low about 3 percent. I'm OK with that and much prefer having the speedo read correctly.

Yep, same here. I keep track of my miles/gallon every fill-up, too, & figure I'm getting about 2 to 3 more miles/gallon than it shows.

I set my Speedohealer at 8½% and it now reads identical to my GPS. The odometer now reads 5% lower than the GPS (Zumo 550).

On my Triple, the speedo is 4% high. The odo is almost dead on accurate, which probably reflects the new front tyre inflated correctly.

When I did the 1000 miles, the odometer recorded, I think, 1036 miles, and the GPS 1022.

The GPS is much more accurate, but not perfect because it loses out when changing elavation ... but not by much.

I can't use a speddohealer because the speedo is mechanical, but I can calibrate it with the GPS running flat the GPS is extremely accurate, so just compare the two and you're done.

I have to say that the Triple speedo just points roughly in the direction of the speed it thinks you might be doing :)

My 2006 RSV was reading the speed 10.5% too high, in other words, to ride the posted 110 Kph, I had to show 120 kph on my speedo.. to ride the posted 80 kph, the speedo had to show just under 90 kph etc etc.. Basically I just rode 10% above the speed limit.. made me feel like a bad boy, speeding in all while in fact I wasn't.. ;)

After installing the speedo-healer, I did notice the 'distance' was reporting differently but not by a lot.. something like 3% difference.. which means that my odo reading 1,000 miles means I actually traveled around 970 miles.. not bad. In the large scheme of things I prefer having an accurate speed reading and living with 3% discrepancy in my odo..

Cheers

just got mine in the mail yesterday. are the directions easy to follow? did you find anything unexpected?

thanks,

larry

It's been a few years since I installed mine but I remember it being fairly straight forward. I don't think you'll have any problem.

just got mine in the mail yesterday. are the directions easy to follow? did you find anything unexpected?

thanks,

larry

Hi Larry, as others here are far more qualified than I, I will be the first to admit that I am by no means mechanically inclined. So it took about 10 fifteen minutes to do the install it is that easy.

If you have a GPS establish how much your speedo is out or get your wife or someone to follow you and determine the actual as opposed to what your speedo says.

Then go to the speedohealer website and input the numbers into the calculator. Write down the results generated.

Remove the seat.

remove the plastic cover on the lower left side just below the battery. It has two hex head bolts. The rear one is the one that holds in it place the front one is for show.

It attaches in the front with two rubber plugs that fit into grommets. Just pull it gently out.

The speed sensor is the white plug you can see that looks identical to the white plug harness that comes with your speedohealer.

Carefully unsnap the plug. Plug in your speedohealer. It only fits one way.

Run the cable up underneath and up to the back of the battery.

There is a big patch of open plastic just behind the battery that is ideal for the speedo healer. Clean it off with some mild soapy water, then with some rubbing alcohol.

You don't have to put your bike up on a stand and rotate your rear tire. At least I didn't.

Just hold down both switches as per the instructions that come with the healer and turn on your ignition switch.

Wait for the dash to start blinking then set the numbers that were generated with the calculator previously.

Peel off the velcro sticky

Attach your healer.

I didn't run the remote control. I figured if I need to adjust it it's a simple matter to take the seat off.

The seat bolts are a 10mm hex wrench.

The side plastic covers are a 5mm hex wrench. You only need to remove the rear one the front one as mentioned is just for show

Voila! Take it out with your GPS to check it or with a following driver and you are done.

If you have any problems call me.

My cell number is in my profile.

Ride safe

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

Just installed my speedo healer,easy install thanx to Chris's instructions,works perfect.Speedo was reading 10 % to fast,I bought this bike with 60000 kilometers on it,if the speedo was out 10% does anybody agree the bike would actually have 10% actual kilometers less on it being it read 10% to fast??Which would be 54000....:confused24:

Just installed my speedo healer,easy install thanx to Chris's instructions,works perfect.Speedo was reading 10 % to fast,I bought this bike with 60000 kilometers on it,if the speedo was out 10% does anybody agree the bike would actually have 10% actual kilometers less on it being it read 10% to fast??Which would be 54000....:confused24:

Your logic is fine but I believe that many have reported (myself included) that the odometer is not nearly as far off as the speedometer is. I believe all you could safely say is that your actual mileage is somewhere between 54000 and 60000kms.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Larry, as others here are far more qualified than I, I will be the first to admit that I am by no means mechanically inclined. So it took about 10 fifteen minutes to do the install it is that easy.

If you have a GPS establish how much your speedo is out or get your wife or someone to follow you and determine the actual as opposed to what your speedo says.

Then go to the speedohealer website and input the numbers into the calculator. Write down the results generated.

Remove the seat.

remove the plastic cover on the lower left side just below the battery. It has two hex head bolts. The rear one is the one that holds in it place the front one is for show.

It attaches in the front with two rubber plugs that fit into grommets. Just pull it gently out.

The speed sensor is the white plug you can see that looks identical to the white plug harness that comes with your speedohealer.

Carefully unsnap the plug. Plug in your speedohealer. It only fits one way.

Run the cable up underneath and up to the back of the battery.

There is a big patch of open plastic just behind the battery that is ideal for the speedo healer. Clean it off with some mild soapy water, then with some rubbing alcohol.

You don't have to put your bike up on a stand and rotate your rear tire. At least I didn't.

Just hold down both switches as per the instructions that come with the healer and turn on your ignition switch.

Wait for the dash to start blinking then set the numbers that were generated with the calculator previously.

Peel off the velcro sticky

Attach your healer.

I didn't run the remote control. I figured if I need to adjust it it's a simple matter to take the seat off.

The seat bolts are a 10mm hex wrench.

The side plastic covers are a 5mm hex wrench. You only need to remove the rear one the front one as mentioned is just for show

Voila! Take it out with your GPS to check it or with a following driver and you are done.

If you have any problems call me.

My cell number is in my profile.

Ride safe

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

Thanks so much. Finally got some time to check everything out and got it installed. I was -7.8. It is right on now. My odo seems to be short 1.3 miles per 30 miles.