IGNORED

Oil Filter cross ref list

I searched the site and found this site directed me to this site: http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html, I spent some time to print out the list so I would have it handy. I went to Napa when they had there 2for1 sale. and bought some for the shelf. I turns out that the above filter list show that the Napa gold was the same as my wife's Subaru. WOW, now I only have to stock 1 for both on the shelf.

No the bad news.... The filter fits but will not seat. The threaded plate on the filter is convexed and does not allow the filter gasket to seat causing a great leak. The Walmart filter I took off was concaved and seated. I went back to Napa and mos of their filters are convexed. A word of warning is not to rely on that site for cross referencing oil filter for the 2 gen.

Thanks.

That's interesting. I have run the NAPA gold filter on my RSV and it worked as it should have. I wonder if they changed something. I ran into a similar problem once with a Honda filter. I found that the aftermarket filters for the RSV were the same as the Honda Shadow. I had a couple of Honda filters left over from when I owned a '95 Shadow Ace so figured I might as well use them. Found a similar situation to what you are describing. The Honda filter screwed on but didn't seat tightly.

Guest scarylarry

Maybe this has something to do with it...

Motorcycle Filters.

None are recommended.

• AC Delco PF2135
  • AMSOil SMF103
  • Carquest 85358
  • AC Delco PF2135
  • FRAM PH6017A
  • Honda 15410-MCJ-000
  • K&N KN-204, about $13. Metric nut on end for easy removal.
  • NAPA Gold 1358
  • Purolator ML16817. Imported, not made by Purolator.
  • STP SMO 17
  • WIX 51358

Here's some more...

Fram 7317

Penzoil PZ 109

Motorcraft FL 821

Pure 1 PL14612, PL14610

Mobil 1 M1-108, M1-110

Bosch 3300, 3323 (I use the 3323)

WalMart ST7317

AC PF 1237, PF 2057

Hastings LF 113, LF 240

STP S-02876, S-02867

Valvoline V050

WIX 51365, 51356

I forgot where I got this list, but I do remember it was thru this site. Haven't tried many of these, I stuck with the Bosch as it is available within walking distance at my local Auto Zone...

The list I referred to had the 1356 and 1365 as replacements. These two have the convex problem. The first list above provided by someone on this site with the 1358 is the correct NAPA filter. The list I referred to is another site that someone posted here. Do not rely on it!!! Just FYI. THanks