IGNORED

sweaty bike

w.steve wells

ok with all the knowledge in this room i'm sure a good answer to this question, my bikes sit in an insulated garage with no heat and sweat forms on the bikes other then heating it how do i keep the bikes dry. and yes the floor is concrete :detective::confused24:

Wonder if the garage floor was layed with a vapor barrier under it??. The only way to avoid condensation is to keep the bike warmer than the surrounding air. The bike will respond slower to temp change than the air temperture. So warm moist air will hit the surface of the cool bike and cause the air to drop to dew point and condense on the surfaces. One way to stop some of it is to keep a cover on the bike and a lightbulb hanging somewhere under the bike. A small back heating pad would work also, and is temp adjustable. Keeps the bike warmer and condensation down...

Condor nailed it.

you get the condensation typically in the morning when it was cold overnight so the metal of the bike is cold, then as it warms up the and the humidity rises the bike is still cold and it starts to sweat just like a cold drink in the summer. Any small low power heater like a light bulb under a tarp or bike cover will do a lot to help. Normally you only need the bike to be a couple of degrees warmer than the air around it.

The power used will literally be a few pennies a day. But it will be money well spent to help reduce corrosion from the bike always being wet.