IGNORED

Stupid question about speaker install

Have to replace the front speaker grill. Looking at the parts list online, besides just a nut, washer & bolt to attach the speakers, they also show a collar, a rubber grommet. My current install doesn't have those. Anyone know why they're needed, and if so do you need them on all 4 bolts?

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jerry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png

The Collar goes through the rubber gromet so that the rubber does not "crush" under load when tightening the screw into the nut. The rubber piece aids the vibration. Someone has had yours apart...They may have already installed larger speakers then again maybe they replaced them with stock speakers.

You can use any rubber grommet that the screw fits through as long as it fits over the plastic stem on the back of the speaker hosuing, and you can cut to length a piece of steel or copper tubing for the colar.

No biggie if you dont have them in either..the speakers arent going anywhere..

So are these grommet/collar combos supposed to go on all 4 bolt/nuts for a single speaker? Seems like they must. But even though all the bolts are the same length, because of how they fit thru the fairing, I only have enough space to install them on 2 of the 4 bolts...and that doesn't seem right.

Seems to me like a small rubber washer between the speaker & fairing would help with vibration. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal, I'll just get it back together so it works. Thanks!

Seems to me like a small rubber washer between the speaker & fairing would help with vibration.

Now you got it.........:thumbsup2:

and like you already said:

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal, I'll just get it back together so it works."