IGNORED

Cruise Control dis-engaging

seems all ventures have "some" delay when activating the cruise. Check inside the left lower cowling. My throttle cable was backed all the way off, and had almost 1/2" of slack. I adjusted it to have almost no slack. The 10 second delay is now 2 seconds.

Hope this helps some. This adjustment has nothing to do with the cruise "dropping' though.

seems all ventures have "some" delay when activating the cruise. Check inside the left lower cowling. My throttle cable was backed all the way off, and had almost 1/2" of slack. I adjusted it to have almost no slack. The 10 second delay is now 2 seconds.

Hope this helps some. This adjustment has nothing to do with the cruise "dropping' though.

Ooh, interesting.. can you describe better what I am to be looking for under the left lower cowling? That might be what is causing the issue.. I did notice the slack in my throttle grip might be excessive as well.. something to be tightened up..

Thanks

Ooh, interesting.. can you describe better what I am to be looking for under the left lower cowling? That might be what is causing the issue.. I did notice the slack in my throttle grip might be excessive as well.. something to be tightened up..

Thanks

Take the left leg cowling off and I if I remember it is really obvious. Some kind of motor which turns a cam which pulls the cable. It is a standard motorcycle style cable. Standard motorcycle/bicycle type adjuster where you run the nut up and it pushes the cable housing out to take up the slack. Same as adjusting clutch cable on smaller motorcycles. Sorry, don't have any kind of picture.

Take the left leg cowling off and I if I remember it is really obvious. Some kind of motor which turns a cam which pulls the cable. It is a standard motorcycle style cable. Standard motorcycle/bicycle type adjuster where you run the nut up and it pushes the cable housing out to take up the slack. Same as adjusting clutch cable on smaller motorcycles. Sorry, don't have any kind of picture.

Ok that should help me out enough to sort it out.. if it's "painfully obvious" to find hehe.. At least I know it's working and if I find it in need to adjustment then bonus, I should be able to engage cruise control in high winds.. maybe ;)

Cheers

Ok that should help me out enough to sort it out.. if it's "painfully obvious" to find hehe.. At least I know it's working and if I find it in need to adjustment then bonus, I should be able to engage cruise control in high winds.. maybe ;)

Cheers

If your 'high winds' are the same thing I consider to be high winds (30+ mph) I wouldn't count on it. Especially if it is gusty.

Well I had a full day on the bike in the high winds again and yep, the winds do affect it.. however, I pulled into the garage and swapped out the tall-wide Clearwiew for the 13" wide version and what a difference that made.. Nothing I could do to knock off the cruise control..

No joke.. The tall and wide windshield is great in the cold cold weather and I don't often ride with it when it starts to get warmer.. I certainly hate looking through a windscreen in the rain.. but it's so large it offers up more wind resistance than a smaller windscreen and that affects gas mileage and cruise control.. No doubt my system needs some adjustment but the larger windscreen makes it more susceptible to higher gusty winds.

Interesting...

Now its time to sell the tall wide windscreen..

In high winds or hilly areas try running in 4th. You can run in 4th just fine to the 85mph limit of the cruise.

Of course.. duly noted in a previous post.. I'll be digging into the books to adjust my throttle cable as well as it's got a lot of play in them..

Cheers M8