IGNORED

Skydoc_17's Block Off Plates....Nice touch.

Snaggletooth

I did a fork rebuild on my '84 and polished the fork tubes while I had it torn down. Earl came up with his Block Off Plates for the anti-dives while I was in the middle of all this so I picked up a set. I wanted the ugly butt anti-dives gone.

So today I had it all finished up and back on the bike. Got to admit, it slicked the forks up real nice.

Thanks Earl for the time and effort you spent on these.

Hey Mike,

Not owning an MKI VR myself, this is the first I have seen the Block Off Plates Mounted on the MKI. BOY, did that clean up the front forks! (your polishing job is the BOMB!, by the way) Did you notice a difference in the amount of time it takes to bleed the brakes with the line that used to connect the Anti-Dive Valve to the front Calipers, now that it is gone? What a labor of love Mike, I am Impressed! Now, if we could just get some good weather, so you can show those puppies off! Very professional job!

Ya' Done GOOD!:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hi Earl.

I got rid of those anti-dive lines, what, two years ago. Just something else to leak. Never missed them.

When I opened up the forks this time I found the preload on the Progressives had compressed a bit. About 1/4 of an inch. I cut a new set of spacers at 3/4 inch and installed them. My daugther said I looked like an angry monkey when she came out while I was putting the fork caps back in. I can imagine. Not easy but got them in.

With the added preload and 10 wt oil it sure feels better. Will know more about the way it rides tomorrow.

OK Mike and Gary,

You guys are KILLING me! I spend so much time working on other people's bikes that I rarely get a chance to work on mine! PLUS, to top it all off, I start back to work tomorrow for the first time in 21/2 years... ON DAY SHIFT! (5AM) :crying:

Your bikes are looking AWSOME!:thumbsup2:

Earl