I have a '87 venture and was hoping somebody knows where I could get replacement lenses for the for the red running lights on the rear "bumper". There is six of them about 2" x 2.75" . They are all faded and I'd like to replace them. Any help? thanks

What you have to look for is a Baron light same as this but the large not the mini. The mini is used on the truck and bag rails but the bumber is the large size of the same light.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BARON%2DTWIN%2DMARKER&CartID=

I have looked around but can not come up with any, only the mini. I will keep looking for you also.

You could also try to polish them up with the same thing you would use on a car headlight plastic. it is a polishing compound and may bring it back to like new. I did this on one of my cars tail lights and it truned out like new again. Give that a try also

Best of luck

:fingers-crossed-emo

Get some candy apple red model paint and spray the inside of the lenses. It is translucent and will make the lenses red again when the light shines through it. I had a buddy that did this to all of his lenses and you cant tell the difference in them. A lot cheaper then replacing all of them if they are not broken.

Just a thought.

Rick F.

I cleaned and painted mine on the 83VR, they look new again. Some of them were scratched so I wet sanded the scratches out and painted. I used Testors Candy Red # RC271, 3oz spray can. The color is almost a exact match to the original lense color. You can get at most hobby stores for around 5$ a can.

• 2 weeks later...