IGNORED

fuel pump question

Shamue

2008 RSV, Fuel pump will not hold proper pressure. Bike runs a little week.

Have one on order.

Does anyone know the out-put operating pressure of the OEM fuel pump?

Or where this information can be found.

I have this idea I can find an after market pump to carry on trips as a back up, if I can get the specs on the OEM pump.

Have had success doing this with Cages. Used to work in auto part industry and saved a lot of people money on pumps for Volvos and BMWs back 8 or so years.

Thanks.

If your Dealer will allow it cut the OEM fuel pump connector off and save it for use on the Aftermarket back-up fuel pump.:cool10:

Several of us have the Mr. Gasket aftermarket fuel pumps which we carry as a spare pump. I don't have the particulars on hand but I'm sure other members here will chime in with that info. I bought mine at Auto Zone but I'd bet NAPA has them also.

Boomer.....who's running with an 03 OEM fuel pump thanks to Bubber.

Do note that the 'new' Mr. Gasket 42S WILL NOT WORK based on the new fuel nipple configurations. *Now searching for the thread that discussed the correct one to look for*

Also, I hope that the one you have on order is being covered under warranty, those suckers are expensive!

Post # 6 in this thread: http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53500

Most has been answered. I don't think your fuel pump is toast. Mine was, and the distance before dry was 2 blocks.

2) regarding the redesign, the old design had the output nipple screwed in so that you could insert a right angle fitting. The new design has a built-in output nipple, so it may extend far enough to create a problem getting the necessary right angle.

Thanks for letting me say nipple in a G-rated way. :thumbsup:

Dave

Other helpful thread:

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49702&highlight=gasket+fuel+pump

Edited by LilBeaver

The pump is being covered by warranty, but I had to remind them of the 5yr unlimited milage. The service writer/mgr is new, just started 2 weeks ago after being with a Honda

dealer for the past 5 yrs and a HD dealer for 12 before that.

I also told him to check everything on the RSV and correct anything that is covered by warrany wheel to wheel, I would not be a happy camper if I pick up the bike and find something that should have been corrected.

Will see...

The pump is being covered by warranty, but I had to remind them of the 5yr unlimited milage. The service writer/mgr is new, just started 2 weeks ago after being with a Honda

dealer for the past 5 yrs and a HD dealer for 12 before that.

I also told him to check everything on the RSV and correct anything that is covered by warrany wheel to wheel, I would not be a happy camper if I pick up the bike and find something that should have been corrected.

Will see...

Yikes, best of luck to you!