IGNORED

Will it fit?

Guest Reno

I am thinking about getting an enclosed trailer for my RSTD. I will want to haul two bikes in it at times both full size with bags. I am looking at a 7x12 single axle I think they will fit. could I go 6x12(cheaper)? If anyone has experience I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Reno

Its gonna be tight and you may not be happy. You'll end up with doing real contortions trying to get the tie downs tied down even if the the bikes do fit. Go wider or go a couple longer is my humble suggestion. One other thing, single axle and you don't need brakes by law, but---- two bikes and the trailer weight you may not be too happy about no trailer brakes. gee, decisions decisions.:think:

Its gonna be tight and you may not be happy. You'll end up with doing real contortions trying to get the tie downs tied down even if the the bikes do fit. Go wider or go a couple longer is my humble suggestion. One other thing, single axle and you don't need brakes by law, but---- two bikes and the trailer weight you may not be too happy about no trailer brakes. gee, decisions decisions.:think:

He's looking at a towed weight of around 2300 pounds maybe ....

Most big SUVs and Trucks will handle that without a problem in terms just of stopping power, but there is something else.

A heavy trailer that is braked is much more stable under heavy braking, as it is not trying to push the back end of the towing vehicle sideways .... and they do push sideways :)

It's good advice to go braked on the trailer .... If you can't, take it easy, brake early.