IGNORED

Garner SP Nov '07

Gold Rush

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/01REDWING/071118GarnerSP014.jpg?t=1195701328

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/01REDWING/071118GarnerSP005.jpg?t=1195701127

The boss (payday one) gave me Friday off so I got an early start on the weekend. Since I had all this extra time to kill, a bit longer route from San Angelo to Garner SP was in order. Took a nice leisurely ride to Fredricksburg then down Hwy 16 through Kerrville. I thought those hair pin turns between Kerrivlle and Medina would be good tests on the cornering ability of the newest trailer... I was VERY PLEASED to say the least... I sure don't regret changing over from the single wheel to dual wheel version of "Nugget".

Anyway, I finally got down to GSP about 3:00. My buddy was leaving San Angelo sometime after noon so I got my tent set up and entertained myself watching neighboring campers until he finally showed up... We rode back into Leaky for supper then back to camp. Stopped and picked up a couple bundles of fire wood.. Man I do like a camp fire !!! :):)

Saturday bright and early I was up and had coffee made (you knew that)... We rode over to the Lost Maples Restaurant in Utopia for breakfast. It was misting a bit on the way but had stopped while we were eating.. From there we headed across the hills to Hwy 16 and then up to Medina again to pick up 337. Hooked up with 187 at Vanderpool and on up the road for a short stop at the Texas Motorcycle Museum. Every time I get by there I just have to stop and see if Allen has some new toy... I swear he does but who knows for sure...

We rode on up to Hwy 39 then across to 183 and back down to The Pit Stop at Leakey for a quick chat with those folks. From there it was across 337 then both directions on 335. By this time it was getting real hungry out so we headed back to The Pit Stop for a late lunch snack then back to the camp for a while...

We ate supper at that little burger place between Garner SP and Leakey.. It's really a pretty nice place. I expected a bit of a dive.... Got back to the camp and stoked up the fire again.... Yup, killed more trees...

Shortly after hitting the sleeping bag I woke up with a fire in my guts!!!! Made it to the bathroom just in time to loose large amounts of supper... Several times that night I made repeat trips... :eek::eek::eek:

Sunday morning I managed to break camp and somehow got back here without major incidents. It took WAY longer then normal to make the trip but I got here and that is what counted....

Friday and Saturday's riding was FANTASTIC!!!! Saturday night and Sunday sucked..... I guess it's called life.... :confused::confused::confused:

Wish y'all could have come along........ :mad::mad: