IGNORED

Comparison of Front Forks,Stock VS Progressive

Tom

OK,anyone that has ridden a Gold Wing especially over a rougher road knows the front fork set up could use some attention..dont get me wrong it is super on the highway but you still feel harsher bumps thru the handlebars. That being stated I just got home from a ride with another Wing that has the "All Balls" and Progressive Rate springs installed on it...plus a Kumho Run Flat Car Tire. My observations:Night and day difference having the progressive rate springs in the front end,the all ball head bearings are very stable feeling,seems more responsive also. The progressive Rate springs took 95 % of harshness out..Im saying 95% because after appx 50 miles or whatever riding it I didnt feel the harshness but Im sure as with any bike a hard enough hole in the road will make it jolt you. The Car Tire....I will not be going with it..I felt very unsure on it as it seemed to want to roll as I would corner,that being said the guy that owns it can easily scrape the boards and corner as good if not better than I. On April 5th I will be going to Houston to have the all balls and progressive springs plus shock bled and reloaded plus Chrome Wheels installed. For $275.00 I am having the All Balls and Springs put in,I am supplying the springs. I think this will be the best money I have spent tweaking a bike compared to the ride I took today. I hope this write up helps anyone with questions on the front suspension. IM me if you need the guys number or if OK with Freebird I will post it here..Tom

Edited by Tom

Let us know how much difference it seems to make on your bike....I'm very satisfied with my stock suspension, BUT I'm always up for something better. Thanks!

I will for sure.. I rode his with the same setup and it was FANTASTIC..Mine is great stock BUT Im a Fat Boy and when I hit our low water crossings fast and hard it will bottom out in the front end and his would not. Will give an update after I get it done 4/5/2011