IGNORED

Fixing a Cracked Windshiled

Squidley

I had posted up a responce on a thread in the watering hole about stopping a crack in your windshield.

As far as stopping the crack, you need to get a very tiny drill bit and locate the end of the crack. Take the drill and drill a small hole through the exact point at where the crack ends. In the service we did this to aircraft (called stopdrilling) It relieves the pressure on the crack and stops it from traveling more.

I had posted up a responce on a thread in the watering hole about stopping a crack in your windshield.

As far as stopping the crack, you need to get a very tiny drill bit and locate the end of the crack. Take the drill and drill a small hole through the exact point at where the crack ends. In the service we did this to aircraft (called stopdrilling) It relieves the pressure on the crack and stops it from traveling more.

Dangerous I know:rotf: When you say locate the end and where the crack ends, in my case since it appears to have started under the bottom trim you are referring to the top of the crack. Right?