IGNORED

I was stupid on e bay

Guest Reno

:confused24:I was bidding for a pair of tank emblems for a 96 RS. I have a 2007 RSTD but don't like the tank emblems. Anyway the pair was being sold individually and all I won was the right side. I was bidding against some one else and bid the same for both thinking I would be beat or win them. Wrong!! well if any one has a set or just the left I would like to buy them from you or I will sell the right hand one. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks

Reno

Guest tx2sturgis

That sounds like my luck. Write the seller and see if he will contact the other winner, and either sell yours to him, relinquish the sale with approval, or make an offer to buy his. Hey couldnt hurt to ask.

Just explain it as you did here.

If I was the seller, it would make my job easier boxing up both in one shipment. But you never know with ebay. If he is a power seller and sells thousands of items a month, you may get buried in the paperwork.

Good luck.

Don't feel bad Reno. You ain't alone. A couple of weeks ago I was surfing eBay late and saw a left engine guard in really nice condition. I needed a left one for my '84 as the set I bought a couple years ago (for an '86 to mount the ABS chin) had a crack in it. The listing was for an 1200-1300 guard and the bid was .99 cents and about to end. I popped it and won.

When it arrived I had to laugh. It would fit both 1200 and 1300 for sure but it was off a 1200 as there were no tabs to mount the chin. Geesh! All the time I spent looking at the pictures to make sure the chrome was good and not rashed up or broken I forgot about the danged tabs.

Split sets are always a bear trying to get them both. Hope you find your other half.

I don't have of a picture of the 96 emblems but they have a Star symbol followed by the words Royal Star. The new ones are a one piece wing with Royal Star in small letters below it. I will ertainly be more carefull next time I bid on E Bay.

Reno

Thanks for the web site info. I went there and the prices were good and just what I need. Should have gone there in the first place.

Reno:fingers-crossed-emo