IGNORED

Needing ASAP - a TTY Phone (of all things!)

SilvrT

Contact your state offices for The Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. They should be able to set you up with a loaner for your business and even be able to provide a voucher from the state for the purchase of a new unit.

And my advice.....take it from a deaf guy....look into the possiblity of setting up a CapTel phone. If you have high speed internet in your office it should be plug and play. If your are not familiar with CapTel it's a captioned phone with a display. You can call out like a regular phone and the other party is captioned on screen. Inbound calls are simple to. The caller only dials a prefix and it goes through a capitioning service and you answer it like a regular call. Very nice.

No more CA assisted calls.

I wish I still had my old TTY to send ya, but I was given away a while back.

Mike

Contact your state offices for The Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. They should be able to set you up with a loaner for your business and even be able to provide a voucher from the state for the purchase of a new unit.

And my advice.....take it from a deaf guy....look into the possiblity of setting up a CapTel phone. If you have high speed internet in your office it should be plug and play. If your are not familiar with CapTel it's a captioned phone with a display. You can call out like a regular phone and the other party is captioned on screen. Inbound calls are simple to. The caller only dials a prefix and it goes through a capitioning service and you answer it like a regular call. Very nice.

No more CA assisted calls.

I wish I still had my old TTY to send ya, but I was given away a while back.

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike but we are an in-bound call centre for the Government and have already exhausted the obvious "government" resources, not to mention that since we're in Canada, from what I understand, CapTel services are not yet up here.

Being that we are the in-bound call centre for the government, we are required to operate/receive & respond to incoming TTY calls.

WOW guys, thanks for the responses. I looked at those links and for the new one's, their prices are "nutz". That recond one in Illinois is a possible. We actually have a new one on order for just over $200 but the delivery time isn't so great.

Oh well, it's Friday evening now and I ain't doin any more "work related" stuff until Monday so we'll see what that brings ... thanks for your phone call Rocket!!

Right after I sent that I remembered you were from the Great White North. Man you would think that being what you are the government would be all over helping you out. That sucks. Too bad about the CapTel to. Nice way to handle calls.

Good luck.

Mike

As we are a contractor, the only thing they're gonna do is get on our butt for the TTY being down and us not keeping up with our SLA (Service Level Agreement).