IGNORED

Hey MiCarl - 1st gen road peg idea

dingy

Carl,

I saw in another thread you weren't comfy on the first Gen. due to long legs/over 6' tall

Would a set of pegs like this help.

They are strong, a lot better than the engine guard mounted ones.

Last picture is for reference of bike with knee air deflectors still on.

:beersign:

Gary

I knew I'd seen something like that before. Any chance I saw them at MD last year?

I think that's definitely a better solution than clamping to the case guards.

The Kuryakin Buckhorns I have on the case guards are ok for my leg length. I'd think anyone with longer legs would find them cramped. My major issue is the leg spread to get around the fairing lowers.

I only use them for an occasional stretch, and then only on the open road without traffic around me. I'm just not comfortable having my feet away from the controls when there is a chance I might need them in a hurry.

IMO if you added forward controls to them people would be beating a path to your door (assuming they're not red:rasberry:).

You peeked my curiosity on this one. Do these come as a kit or are they custom made? I know what it is like with long legs and no where to put them. I'm 6'4" and all leg.

The actual foot pegs were bought at Iron Pony near Columbus, Ohio. About $30 I think.

The rest of it is all hand fabricated.

Extender bars are 3/4" round steel rods, mount plates are 1/4" carbon steel. It also required replacing the bolts that were used to mount them to the frame due to the added thickness of the mount plate.

My concern about selling these are a liability issue. These suckers are strong. If the bike were laid down this peg could cause the bike to flip by digging in to ground. One thing I did to help possibly minimize this was to use a 3/8" grade 2 bolt that mounted the round extender bar to the adapter plate. My hope was this would bend or shear in case of impact. Haven't got to test this out yet though.

Yes Carl, this made MD last year.

Gary

yes dingy it might cause a problem on a hard highspeed laydown. Now on the other hand it would also be of great value on the hard lowspeed droop as it would protect the engime guard and also the 90 degree pipe from the water pump to the thermo housing. I would love a set my self if you plamn on making them.In black of course.

David

Interesting, but I'm not sure I'd use them. I run my Kuryakyn highways off the vertical brace on the guard with an offset mount. It actually gets the peg even farther forward, and if I go down it's a lot easier replacing the guard... if it can't be bent back out... then possibily ripping up the frame.

:cody