IGNORED

New Bike/Good and BAD

Hulign

Ok first the good...built my bracket and harness for the stebel airhorn. Works great and since I had it and the aluminum stock laying around it cost zero dollars.

Now the BAD. I attacked the job of splitting the fairing yesterday to find the previous owner had glued the chrome windshield mole on because one of the end tabs was broken. I see no choice but to buy it and it looks like 140 bucks or so! crappy design! Also I see that my windshield retaining strip like some others on here was assembled and the 2 center bolts left out. It's under warranty but with the broken chrome I am sure this will somehow be my fault.

The whole thing makes me sick... anyone ever have to have stuff like that handled under warranty? It also looks like there may be some seeping around the rear diff mounting flange.

On the plus side... we did go for a 120 mile ride today... I was staring at the tape holding the chrome on the whole time :-(

Frank

If it's the end tab that slides between the inner and outer fairing them this won't help. If it's one of the alignment tabs, here is a fix.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=516

If it is the long end tabs that the bolt goes through, then I would think that you could repair it if you take a piece of ABS and cut it to the right size and then glue it on with some ABS cement.

Its one of the end tabs. I haven't busted out the glue yet figured I would wait till I know I am done in the fairing. I just cant get over the design. Not sure how I would do velcro in there? got a pic of that?

My concern with glue is I don't want hassle over the bolts missing from the bracket under there. It has a zip tie like 2 other posts I found on here. Not sure how the end tab got broken but the guy did a crap job at trying to repair it.

Thanks for the advice

Frank