IGNORED

Need new battery - what part #

I'm not sure of the # for 2nd Gen but Earl has the Glass Matt batteries. Few bucks more but awlsome battery. Well worth it if you can wait couple days for it. The Wally World batteries I've used a lot but don't last worth crap. Good if you need one right now but the Glass Matt are so much better and supposed to last so much longer. (Don't know that yet) I put the new glass matt in my 1st gen. I thought upgrading cables was something I would have to do this spring. Not with this battery!! Cranks like a new one. I left it sit for a week on purpose thru the last cold spell. Tried it and it cranked as good as it did 1st time. I tried unhooking plug wires and it will stay up as long as you crank it. Quit because I don't like to crank one that much.

I have a Walmart battery on my RSV right now but unfortunately, I am out of town so can't go out and see what the number is on it. I think they had a book there though and I just looked it up. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart batteries but when my old one quit, I was in a situation where I needed one quickly. Actually, it was during Maintenance Day and I wanted to ride. It's been on there almost 2 years now and has been OK so far. Still, if I were to replace it, I would go with another Odessey or the Deka that Earl sells.

Stock yuasa YXT20L-BS. Deka AGM is ETX20-L, available in classifieds from Skydoc 17 for $96 including shipping.

At advance auto, the magnapower use the deka no, ETX20-L. The standard autocraft battery uses a shortened Yuasa number, 20L-BS.

Missed you for some time Nate. Maybe gonna give up selling and get back to riding? or just looking cheap battery to sell with?

If you don't remember me, I used the handle "Bubba" back then.

Hope the numbers help, and things are going good for you!

My factory battery in the 04 finally gave out last week. 7 years and 57,000 miles. I replaced it with the Yuasa Upgrade YTX20HL-BS for $112 at the stealer. 40 more cca than the standard.

Edited by OutKast

Thanks guys, my stock battery will no longer hold a charge and I need the most cost effective choice for now.

I am still trying to sell, but more preferably looking for a trade deal. I really don't want to sell at all but I need to get rid of the payment and just don't have that much time to ride anymore. The last 2 years have been rough, but I am doing well now just that life has become crazy busy.