IGNORED

Yamaha Passing Lights - Halegon

Danaman

I have a 2004 Midnight Royal Star Venture and I want to purchase the Yamaha Passing light

kit but I want the halogen lights opposed to the sealed beams. I have been correspondence with one of the suppliers and there is some doubt whether the halegon lights mount on the same light bar as the sealed beams light do. Has anyone been thru this as I don't want to order and get the wrong ones. The numbers separately are - lamp bar STR-4XY35-40-10 and the halegon lights are STR-4NK35-10-01. Can someone please verify this set up is compatible?

Also where is the best place to purchase......I live in Canada.

Thanks

Yes, the halogen lights for the Vstar/Roadstar work. I changed my sealed beams to those. The main difference is the halogens have a toggle switch on one of the lamp housings instead of the remote switch that mounts next to the 12V outlet for the Venture lamps.

Dennis

Besides the toggle switch location (mine is on the fairing, next to the power outlet), is one better than the other? If so, why? I've been thinking about the LED passing lamps, but don't want to deal with the associated RFI. Thanks, Don.