IGNORED

Where to get proper feller guages

i just picked up my second feeler guage and they jump from .10mm to .12mm to 15,3 whers 11 13 and 14.

i picked these up from auto zone. was wondering if anyone had luck getting more complete sets and auto parts stores locally:fingers-crossed-emo

where did you get that one. Thats seem alot easier then using my .102 mm and addind smaller ones to get the right size

my 1st feeler guage had .102 .127 . 152 which is larger than the .15 spec for intake then

i have .17 and .202 whihch is also not complete and the last one is larger than the specs allow.

Edited by muaymendez1

Most metric gauges I've seen don't go small enough to do Venture valves. I did just recently see a set that went small enough - I think in the Snap-On catalog. Gonna be pricey.

I use an inch set that has 0.0015, 0.001 then increments of 1/1000". It's got the metric values marked on it too. I've had it forever and there is no brand on it so I probably picked it up at an auto parts store.

I found a set of metric feelers that had ultra thin gauges down to .01mm so you could add the thin one to a thicker one to make any gauge.

I think I bought it at Northern Tool, but it might have been Advanced Auto.