IGNORED

LED Tail Lights.. Thanks SivrT!

Panjandrum

I have had the LED tail lights (from CruiserCustomizing.com)sitting on my desk for several months. I looked at doing the install myself, but chickened out, as I am not the most mechanically minded rider on the road. :confused24:

Then I met Rick through this site. He lives 10 minutes from me. We had a coffee, and he offered to help with the install.

So... today we did it. Four and a half hours, including going out for a replacement bulb, as I dropped one, only to find that they do not bounce on concrete. :mad:

The running lights and signal lights look great, but there is no change when the brake is applied. I can live with that. I will probably get an LED Brake light one day in the future.

HUGE thanks to Rick for the use of is tools, garage, lift, and most of all, his knowledge and confidence in tackling this job.:clap2:

My pleasure Chris. Not sure why the lights didn't work with the brakes... all the wiring was correct ... as far as I could see anyway. Maybe a defective item??

Well, at least you have more running and turn signal illumination now and if you get the 15" light bar like I got we can install it under your trunk one day ....That I know works GREAT!

I THINK I can get another couple wires in behind that lic plate :sign20:.

:thumbsup2:

Time for me to "fess up" .... I think I was having a "female moment" when I connected the wires. Instructions said to connect the green wire to the blue wire and the blue wire to the yellow wire ... so I said to my self... "self, blue should go together"... and that's what I did. Apparently the LED wiring connectors must have some sort of diode or something inside the joint where the blue and green connect to red that determines which circuit is run and which is brake and this is probably why Chris' lights aren't working right.

Well, like any good backyard mechanic should, I guarantee my workmanship ... we'll swap the wires next weekend so things will work as they should.

Lesson learned.... After reading the instructions 5 times... one should follow them... :sign20:

SilvrT, I need a neighbor like you! Okay, so I've got the custom dynamics 15" LED Bar and I've got all the hardware I need to mount it but the wiring is what kind of scares me, in all the instructions I've read it doesn't walk an electrical moron like me through it very well. Are the brake and running lights behind the license plate or is that wiring under the fender or what? I'm pretty sure I can do it but I'm just not sure which wires are what. Can somebody give me some pics or a really good description of how one connects the wires from the LED to the wires off the brake light?

thanks for any help I can get~~!!

Brian:fingers-crossed-emo

Big Dawg,

All the wiring connections are behind the licence plate.

On my 2008 RSV, the run light wire is blue, the brake light is yellow. This meant that the blue wire on the LED light connection went to the yellow wire on the bike.

Good luck!

Thanks! I read the instructions several times, looked at the bikes lighting and figured it out. Not as bad as I thought. Works good! Thanks for the help. On to the next problem! Seems like a great bike, but lots of little things to keep you busy in the garage!

Brian