IGNORED

Sounds like a SCAM to me... what do you think?

SilvrT

I responded to an ad for a pup on Kijiji.ca asking for more info & pics and what the price is. Here's the response I got.... sure looks like a scam to me...

Thanks for the mail and interest in the little puppies. I am having Just one puppy remaining. I also wish to inform you that, i am not giving it for sale but for adoption. Its name is Kenny and it is 11 weeks old. He is a male puppy. I love him so much but its unfortunate that, i can't even give him the love and affection i have in my heart for him. I am on a volunteer mission to Victoria British Cameroon together with the UN malaria committee ,in regards to the disease in pregnant women and children. I traveled up here together with Kenny and my 9 year old daughter. They won´t allow Kenny into the country for reason being that, pets are not allowed into the country from other countries and i have been given a maximum of 2 weeks to send him back to Canada. So that is the reason i have to find for him a home back in Canada where he will be showered with all that love and affection. Hope you won't mind me asking you some few questions:

Do you really want to adopt this puppy?

Do you have any experience with puppies?

Do you have kids?

Where are you located in Canada ?

Will you consider him as part of your family in future if you take him?

I am just being concerned about the type of home he will be going to so that is why i am curious to know. I love him so much and i want to make sure he goes to a family that will show him the affection he deserves. He is health guaranteed, and will come along with all his papers,diapers, dog blankets, play toys, crate and food menu. He is very playful and goes along with kids and other home pets.

He loves to be held and cuddled and sometimes want all the attention for him self. . So if you can stand the chance of taking him home, you will only need to pay for his transportation fee.

This fee will be paid directly to the airport providing his delivery because i did not pay for a round trip when i was coming down to Victoria British Cameroon. But i am sorry i first of all need to know if you are interested in the idea before i will know if we can proceed with the re-shipping arrangements. Also i will need answers to my questions. Waiting to read from you soon.

I wouldn`t mess with it, there are plenty of Rescue Dogs that really deserve a good home!! Check at the shelters!!

Been there, done that ... they don't have what I want and before they do, they want to know more about me than a bank would if I wanted to borrow a million dollars. Not to mention their adoption fees are ridiculous.

Dang really?? They are not bad here at all, maybe cause the shelters are over run.. Well good luck in your search!!

Been there, done that ... they don't have what I want and before they do, they want to know more about me than a bank would if I wanted to borrow a million dollars. Not to mention their adoption fees are ridiculous.

Maybe working in malaria ridden areas affected his brain.

As far as rescues go, virtually all of my Great Danes(4), a St Bernard and one fruitcake came from rescues. All were wonderful dogs, already housebroken and sweet. Rescues charge those adoption fees to cover the cost of any medical treatments, food, spay/neutering, etc. It takes a lot of money to run these places and they are funded mostly through donations. Sometimes you may not get exactly what you may want but im sure the dog wouldnt mind finding ANY home. :smile5:

No mention of an amount? might be scam, but might not. As far as rescue shelters, before getting a dog from one, research it.. There is money involved and there have been many cases of rescue shelters doing such a good job of placing dogs that they run out and import more homeless dogs from other countries to keep their cash flow, instead of working with other shelters and splitting the cash.

Personally I cannot believe it is not illegal to import dogs to rescue shelters.

No mention of an amount? might be scam, but might not. .

It's definately a scam. The location where the guy is, is in Africa for one thing and after a bit of google research, it's documented as a scam. He got back to me saying all I'd have to pay is $200 up front for the shipping costs .... yeahsureright!